talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liga MX - México

football forum

Ruidiaz is becoming more and more respected by day. Second top goalscorer in the league and quick a good player when it comes to assisting too as he showed the other day. Its a shame he doesn't fit into the Peru system because he is a hell of a player when he's used correctly. 

Finished top scorer in both the Apertura and Clausura last year and is now fighting for the top scorer AGAIN this apertura. He may not be as complete as someone like Gignac but he can sure as hell score goals. 

Monarcas are putting in quite the campaign. They've matured as a team since the 2016 apertura. Valdes has improved and is now a huge part of this team. Gabriel Achillier has also hugely improved, who was once an awful defender and now he's one of the best in the league. I wouldn't rule them out of contention.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luis Advincula is a beast. Plays the most important game in his career with the national team on wednesday for 90 minutes, then goes back to Mexico and plays 90 minutes for Lobos without looking very tired 2 days later. What a player.

Necaxa vs Morelia later today. I might be wrong but I think if Morelia win they secure a playoff spot.

A few notes

- Morelia were embarrassing the other day. How can you let yourselves lose like that in stoppages? Either way I think they'll have enough to win at home. 1-0 should be enough.

- Watched a bit of Cruz Azul vs Club America the other day. America doing their usual thing in defending well to get results and it'll be enough for the second leg. On paper they are a bit overrated, but that backline is excellent. Edson Alvarez is my boy. Vargas is also a talent.

• 2 weeks later...

Some notes on this lineup

- Luis Advincula should be in the backline. He's a big part of the reason Lobos have overachieved.

- Gabriel Achillier needs to be in that CB spot, for either Montes or Aguilar. Even Edson Alvarez. Both are huge.

- As much as I love Pedro Aquino, I think he was just below those 3 midfielders which are spot on for me. 

- The 2 strikers have been awfully picked. Ruidiaz has scored 30+ goals in the last 3 tournaments and has once again, led Monarcas to the playoffs. Also, Boselli and Enner Valencia also deserved it more. 

Ray Sandoval off to Necaxa. In terms of all the serious rumours, we would have 10 Peruvians in the Liga MX

Lobos BUAP - Advincula, Aquino, Avila

Morelia - Ruidiaz, Polo

Veracruz - Gallese

Xolos - Caceda

Puebla - Santamaria

Necaxa - Sandoval

Atlas - Gomez

#TheWorldCupEffect

• Subscriber

Odd how players like Sissoko go to these baffling leagues to prolong their careers. People will tell me it's for money but if I'd made us much money as Sissoko must have done playing for several top European clubs I'd never go to Indonesia or the second tier in Mexico just to earn a relatively insignificant amount extra.

17 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Odd how players like Sissoko go to these baffling leagues to prolong their careers. People will tell me it's for money but if I'd made us much money as Sissoko must have done playing for several top European clubs I'd never go to Indonesia or the second tier in Mexico just to earn a relatively insignificant amount extra.

Why not?

If you feel you don't want to play at a top level anymore you could try the culture elsewhere. I'd personally love to move to a place like Malaysia in the future.

Anderson Santamaria joins Puebla. Thats 8 Peruvians now in the Liga MX.

Santamaria is good and I am curious how he'll do in this league. Seems unknown to me right know.

Roberto Villamarin joining Atlas. 12 Peruvians in the Liga MX now.

I was listening to a podcast and one guy said Peru is "the new Chile". That's what qualifying for the World Cup does to you!

Christian Ramos joins Veracruz. 13 Peruvians in Mexico now.

Although I do feel he could do better than the team last in the relegation table.

Just now, Blue said:

Christian Ramos joins Veracruz. 13 Peruvians in Mexico now.

Although I do feel he could do better than the team last in the relegation table.

When do you start obsessing over Australian soccer?

1 minute ago, Eco said:

When do you start obsessing over Australian soccer?

About a year ago, although it's on and off interest, mostly due to time difference.

Peruvian football is still number 1 for me but I don't like the idea of supporting anyone on there.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived