talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liga MX - México

football forum

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Puebla bores me. I can understand not playing your new signings on matchday 1 as they probably haven't trained a lot, still getting used to the club, country and perhaps the Visa's haven't gone in, but on matchday 2 playing none of your new players just pisses me off. I'm really looking forward to seeing Chumacero and Omar Fernandez but it looks like I'll have to wait another week.

As usual, I want Monarcas to win this.

Yeaaaaaaaaah Ruidiaz scores his first of many clausura goals B|

No idea how Diego Valdes wasn't called up for Chile before. They were happy with a finished Valdivia I guess.

Djaniny Tavares with a solid start to the season. 4 goals in 2 games, and he could very well add more as he's a quality player.

Anyhow, I just turned on Leon vs Toluca. The visitors just equalized and its 1-1.

Leon back in the lead! Classy header from Montes after a run from behind to get to the end of Elias' cross. 2-1

For some reason, they aren't uploading the second goal. That's the first, real blunder from the keeper.

Alexi Gomez starting for Atlas. Personally never been a big fan but him being Peruvian I've got to support him.

Its kind of a conflict. I want him to do well but I also don't want him on the national team.

Joel Sanchez joins Queretaro. 14 Peruvians in Mexico now. That's huge in a World Cup year. Now there will be so much competition for a spot in that squad.

There are some Peruvians I don't highly rate that are in Mexico like Alexi Gomez and Irven Avila but its good to see them there in general. It means the nations name is growing.

Speaking of Avila, he bagged his first goal in Mexico last night.

Club America started off decently against Pumas in the Clasico Capitalino. Fancy a goal soon, from either side. Pumas looking decent on the counter.

Just as I say that Alustiza misses a sitter!

Monarcas lost 1-0 to Santos who are looking really strong early in the season, Djaniny is killing it with 5 goals so far, its still only January! 

Ray Sandoval sent off 2 minutes into his debut xD I might be rash but it wouldn't surprise me to see him alongside Alexi Gomez to be the 2 Peruvians sent back.

Andres Mosquera is a fucking beast. Best center back in the league I'd say alongside possibly Gabriel Achillier. His anticipation is top notch and that for me is the key to defending. 

Necaxa lead Leon 1-0 but I think that's due to:

1. Leon keen to look for the counter

2. The midfield bar Elias isn't present.

Tigres also lead Pachuca 2-0 with an (offside) Edu Vargas backheel.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Andres Mosquera is a fucking beast. Best center back in the league I'd say alongside possibly Gabriel Achillier. His anticipation is top notch and that for me is the key to defending. 

Necaxa lead Leon 1-0 but I think that's due to:

1. Leon keen to look for the counter

2. The midfield bar Elias isn't present.

Tigres also lead Pachuca 2-0 with an (offside) Edu Vargas backheel.

Watching a movie with the wife. Is Landon playing? If so, how does he look?

Just now, Daedalus said:

Watching a movie with the wife. Is Landon playing? If so, how does he look?

He's not. I got there a bit late and didn't see the bench either. Could imagine he'd be there.

Just now, Blue said:

He's not. I got there a bit late and didn't see the bench either. Could imagine he'd be there.

Yeah - I'm interested in seeing if he is still even decent. Just with the new kid, time is slim.

1 minute ago, Daedalus said:

Yeah - I'm interested in seeing if he is still even decent. Just with the new kid, time is slim.

I honestly think this signing is done more for marketing. He was a top player in his prime, and I can see him perhaps being decent here but I think its more to give the club a brand in the states. Mexican football as far as I know is only popular there amongst the latino's in the country which is obviously a lot.

You have to give credit to those Mexicans though. Since signing Gignac, they've brought in loads of players from the east part of the world. Sissoko plays in the Ascenso. They convinced Landon to come out of retirement. Impressive.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I honestly think this signing is done more for marketing. He was a top player in his prime, and I can see him perhaps being decent here but I think its more to give the club a brand in the states. Mexican football as far as I know is only popular there amongst the latino's in the country which is obviously a lot.

You have to give credit to those Mexicans though. Since signing Gignac, they've brought in loads of players from the east part of the world. Sissoko plays in the Ascenso. They convinced Landon to come out of retirement. Impressive.

Yeah - I agree with you, I am afraid this is more of a marketing gimmick. At LA Galaxy and even Everton he was great, but that was years ago and time isn't on his side. 

I wish I could watch more Mexican football, but I hate their NT so much it's hard.

I remember a Colombian tried to tell me Bacca is better than Farfan xD

Farfan is closer to Falcao then fucking Bacca.

He would do well at America though. 

Said this on Twitter today. While I don't think Mexico is better than Peru, there is a reason they have players playing for bigger clubs as well as a more reputable name in football and its not just because of the World Cup.

Christian Ramos has started off really well in Mexico.

Good to see Ruidiaz back in the XI as well. I was beginning to worry this could be his spell of bad form.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived