talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liga MX - México

football forum

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

What is going on with Chivas?

Not sure the whole situation there (eg financial problems etc) but since foreigners took over the league, a team full of Mexicans simply isn't effective anymore. Also huge decline in their most key players like Pizarro and Pineda and the loss of Fierro. I know most really don't like him, but I thought he was a decent player at the club who contributed to the title win.

That title win was kind of an oasis in the desert. I respect them as a club fully and I hope they always keep their philosophies but the sad reality is that they won't be very good.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw bits of Monarcas vs Chivas last night. Rodolfo Pizarro is quality, surprised he hasn't gotten a move or more of a chance for El Tri yet.

Ruidiaz with an assist, thought he had a good game despite the 2-1 loss.

Jamaica are shaping up to become a really decent side for CONCACAF

An attack of Ravel Morrison and Leon Bailey with Kemar Lawrence and Wes Morgan at the back. A few other decentish players there too.

Raul Ruidiaz with a hat trick last night, single handedly won the game against Leon and rose to 8 goals. Doubt he'll catch up to Djaniny, but he's on good course to finish second again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw the first half of that game. Was impressed with Uribe who I really didn't rate at Nacional. He has improved a lot. Ibarra also looked good.

Miguel Trauco linked to Club America. Please no, not only is it a step down from Brazil, he's cut for a top 5 European league.

Toluca 1-0 up against Monarcas at the moment. Curler from Cristian Borja in the first minute to put Los Diablos Rojos up a goal although Monarcas has had a chance to equalize, saved by Talavera. 10 minutes in. Ruben Sambueza is everywhere so far.

Xolos gave the surprise last night as they beat Monterrey 2-1 away from home to progress 3-2 on aggregate. Saw a bit of it and Gustavo Bou was killing them on the counter. We have Xolos vs America in the first semi.

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

If Toluca wins, they will play cholos and club america will play tigres/sant.... Tigres, I don't see santos coming back. Tuca's teams have always played mehh during the regular season and step it up during the playoffs..

Expecting Turco and Monterrey to part ways. Great coach but I'm sure he is doing the same thing that got him sacked from Club America, traveling constantly to argentina to see his family.

Turco has underachieved. He has amongst the best squad in the league and consistently bottled the title. First against Pachuca and later against Tigres. I think its best if they part ways, they have improved under him to a good level and then stagnated from there. Great manager, but things didn't go as he would have liked even if he has improved Monterrey from the day he took over.

Santos have been my favourites since Djaniny went on a tear earlier in the Clausura. I still stand by it and they have a good path to the final now that they've been Club America. Will be refreshing to finally see a final without them, Tigres or Monterrey for a change.

• 4 weeks later...

Raul Ruidiaz linked to the MLS. I will be deeply disappointed if that goes through. Unless he goes to Atlanta United, Toronto or the new LA team, I don't want it.

He is leaving Monarcas now that they've signed Avila and Mora but I'd rather it be to Club America, Monterrey, one of those teams.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 12:05, Teso dos Bichos said:

He won't join club America, none of my sources at the club have ever mention his name..typical agent move,fake linking his player to the top team in the country.. we are after big fish not minnows. He fits in the MLS, but don't expect him to score quality goals like Vela though 

xDxDxD

You contradict yourself more than the average human.

First its about Ronaldo and United being effective, now its about scoring flashy goals in which you criticized Zidane for?

Just now, Cannabis said:

Have you really just dug up a post from two weeks ago to try and get a rise? Honestly, once more and it's post preview again. I'm not kidding. 

Nah, I was just looking for my Copa Peru thread and saw I missed a post in the Liga MX. So I went to check out what it was.

Stop threatening me with post preview. You criticize people all the time.

Liga-MX.png.100x100_q10.png

2018/19 Apertura
Week 1

Friday July 20, 2018
Veracruz -v- Pumas UNAM
Atlas -v- Queretaro

Saturday, July 21, 2018
Cruz Azul -v- Puebla
Panchuca -v- Monterrey
Tigres UNAL -v- Leon
Tijuana -v- Chivas

Sunday, July 22, 2018
Toluca -v- Morelia
Santos Laguna -v- Lobos BUAP
Necaxa -v- America

14 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Roger Martinez and cecilo dominguez will tear the liga mx. Both players have been playing well this last two friendly games.

@Machado nicolas castillo was a great under the radar buy... QUALITY chilean striker, while the Peruvian and all his liga mx awards(achieved only because he benefited from playing in a low table team) are rotting in the amateur league.

Better hope he doesn't tear it up too much, otherwise both players will be bought up by an MLS team :ph34r:

On 7/9/2018 at 17:37, Teso dos Bichos said:

Roger Martinez and cecilo dominguez will tear the liga mx. Both players have been playing well this last two friendly games.

@Machado nicolas castillo was a great under the radar buy... QUALITY chilean striker, while the Peruvian and all his liga mx awards(achieved only because he benefited from playing in a low table team) are rotting in the amateur league.

What are you talking about? Him playing in a low quality team made his feats even more impressive. You see how this doesn't help your vendetta? xD

ps: Nicolas Castillo is shite. Good for Mexico, can't make it in a better league though.

On 7/10/2018 at 08:26, Eco said:

Better hope he doesn't tear it up too much, otherwise both players will be bought up by an MLS team :ph34r:

I love how he's complaining about the MLS being amateur when Toronto FC beat the 2 best MX sides in the NACL. Most of the best Mexican players are in the MLS too xD

#VendettaUnited

I just now saw Nicolas Castillo has gone to Benfica. 2 reasons why this surprises me

1. Mexican teams are seriously difficult to buy players off of. This is because they are financially stable unlike South Americans and don't really need the money. They in return come up with unrealistic deals.

2. Its a gamble because everytime Castillo has had to play at a higher level, he has failed (La Roja).

He's young and can improve but really he's not that good. He's Ruidiaz' level at best and neither are up for the task in Europe in my opinion.

Alejandro Duarte joins Lobos BUAP. Didn't see that coming, there is another Peruvian in the Liga MX then.

I'm getting a bit tired of the Peruvians joining small Liga MX sides, but this time I'm not particularly bothered because Duarte is a goalkeeper. Its harder for foreign keepers to get a chance when moving from another country unless they are high profile, which Duarte is not. That would make 3 Peruvian goalkeepers in the Liga MX. Caceda, Gallese and Duarte.

I do hope Gallese gets a move though, he's too good to play for bloody Veracruz. Caceda I don't rate, and Duarte is good enough for this level. That said, I do hope some of our local players get spotted up by better Liga MX teams. Even if its someone who has been struggling such as Pumas. Better than the likes of Atlas or Lobos.

On the bright side, Pedro Aquino and Irven Avila have moved up the ranks. Former for Leon, latter for Monarcas.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Who won the final? B|

#13inarow

But your 2 best teams still failed to beat an MLS side xD

Chivas failed to beat them at home too actually.

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Let me repeat it, 13 in a row and you bringing up minor things :rofl:

The MLS isn't a good league, but its come a long way and its nowhere near as bad as in the old days

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Btw, Chivas was one of the worst teams last season... 

And this is relevant because...? Toronto FC still beat the 2 best teams in the Liga MX

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Some clubs, like Tigres, don't take the tournament too serious.

Don't let what Tuca Ferretti said get to you. He's playing mind games, you seriously think Tigres don't want to play the Club World Cup?

• 1 month later...

Ruidiaz' record will probably not be beaten in my lifetime. He's become a club icon. Sandoval and Avila have both been doing well though and I hope they do that again today.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived