talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ismaila Sarr - Leaves Rennes for Watford

• Administrator

I would fucking love this.

Leicester, Roma & AC Milan have shown 'genuine interest'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7028461/Leicester-join-Arsenal-25m-race-Rennes-star-Ismaila-Sarr.html

@Dan @...Dan @Eco 

Leicester 'are ready to join Arsenal in the race to sign Rennes star Ismaila Sarr' this summer.

The 21-year-old winger has attracted a lot of attention around Europe following a sterling campaign in France and is expected to leave Rennes in the summer with speculation around his future mounting.

Sarr, who netted 12 times and laid on a further 11 assists in all competitions last season, is wanted by Arsenal having impressed boss Unai Emery during their Europa League tie earlier this year.

Arsenal reportedly made contact with Rennes about signing the player back in March and it is believed the French club will hold out for a figure around the £25million mark.

However, Emery, who is keen to bolster his attack with a pacey winger this summer, is likely to face competition for Sarr's signature with Leicester also interested.

A source close to Sarr revealed Leicester are the only other English club to have made a firm approach for the player.   

The insider told Senegalese media: 'Leicester, Roma and AC Milan are the three clubs that have shown genuine interest in signing Ismaila.

'He has been linked with moves to Arsenal and Liverpool. But I have not heard any news from either of these two clubs.'

Sarr, who netted the crucial spot-kick to hand Rennes victory over PSG in the French Cup final last month, is tied down to the French club until 2021.  He joined from Metz in 2017 in a £15m move.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Would be a great signing for Leicester...he's ten times the player you signed from France last summer is.

Ghezzal. Agreed.

Would happily spend £25m on Sarr and shift Ghezzal on at earliest opportunity.

• Subscriber

This is exactly the sort of profile I want. Not the finished article but every chance they could become that. Young winger with pace with end product. A total no brainer for me.

• 2 months later...

Archived