Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Borussia Dortmund 2-0 FC Bayern - German Super Cup - Saturday 3rd August, 2019

Borussia Dortmund vs FC Bayern

Saturday 3rd August
20:30 CEST at Signal Iduna Park

EBC4yQjX4AMvCOn?format=jpg&name=small

Second bit of action for me to watch in German football this season after seeing a bit of the BL2 opener last week. 

I'm guessing this is the equivalent of the Community Shield in England?

3 hours ago, Stan said:

I'm guessing this is the equivalent of the Community Shield in England?

Yes.

Hummels apparently out (as a precaution).

That Bayern squad has ridiculous talent both as a team and individually. Hoping Dortmund have enough in them to beat them though. Looking forward to wtching Sancho.

Flying start from Dortmund. Nearly 1-0 within 1st minute.

Such an open game. Can tell it's pre-season - few bits of sloppy play and quite end-to-end to an extent. If Dortmund had a bit more composure going forward think they'd be winning right now.

Hitz just saved well from Muller.

A bit underwhelming with Bayern looking a bit better but lacking the final pass. 

GOAL BORUSSIA!

Sancho did brilliantly there. Took on a couple of defenders then squared it to Paco Alcacer to drill in low past Neuer. 1-0.

2-0! Dortmund!

Provider turns goalscorer. Well defended and well worked out from defence to counter. Sancho had an open route and scored easily.

Very surprised that was only a yellow for Kimmich.

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Very surprised that was only a yellow for Kimmich.

Unbelievable isn't it?... Goes studs up straight into Sancho's ankle outside of the pitch when the game is stopped and only gets a yellow after VAR watches the replay. 

What a bellend. Even complains about getting booked xD 

Could have easily been a penalty against Hakimi near the end of the match as well. I'm not surprised though; Siebert was the referee that gifted Bayern a penalty against us last season in the cup semifinal. Cunt.

Anyway good to see Bayern lose; hopefully one of the many losses this season.

Just now, nudge said:

Unbelievable isn't it?... Goes studs up straight into Sancho's ankle outside of the pitch when the game is stopped and only gets a yellow after VAR watches the replay. 

What a bellend. Even complains about getting booked xD 

Could have easily been a penalty against Hakimi near the end of the match as well. I'm not surprised though; Siebert was the referee that gifted Bayern a penalty against us last season in the cup semifinal. Cunt.

Anyway good to see Bayern lose; hopefully one of the many losses this season.

Fully expected the red card to come out of the pocket. Like you I was equally bemused that Kimmich was moaning about it!

Penalty was a bit debatable - didn't have control of the ball any more but have seen them given. Sanches does impede him somewhat.

I'm just happy for Dortmund to put the 5-0 & 6-0 losses behind them now!

Whoever and whichever you support that was not a bad game at all with which to start the season - it must reduce the BVB odds already on winning the title! and no Ribery or Robben to come and with this back line, Leroy will not be the answer - his game will not fit the way they played today - Bayern will have to look elsewhere - and quickly!

I love Bayern's saltiness already. Kimmich said Dortmund "deserved to win, but wasn't better", Hoeneß' face on the stands, Salihamidzic being a complete clown... love it. I hope Dortmund win the league by some margin, and Bayern struggle for a CL spot.