talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Michael Lang completes loan move to Werder Bremen

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/werder-bremen-jagt-gladbach-verteidiger-michael-lang-64268820.bild.html

Werder Bremen have made Michael Lang, the experienced Swiss international right-back, their number 1 transfer target according to Bild. Gladbach's Lang, seems like a decent short term replacement for Werder's injured Swedish right-back Ludwig Augustinsson, if Werder do indeed manage to buy him.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/werder-bremen-jagt-gladbach-verteidiger-michael-lang-64268820.bild.html

Werder Bremen have made Michael Lang, the experienced Swiss international right-back, their number 1 transfer target according to Bild. Gladbach's Lang, seems like a decent short term replacement for Werder's injured Swedish right-back Ludwig Augustinsson, if Werder do indeed manage to buy him.

Yeah posted it in the Werder thread a while ago. Looks like a done deal already and the player was spotted in our stadium today apparently.

Augustinsson is a left back though so Lang is more likely an option for RB (if Gebre Selassie plays as a CB alongside Moisander) or CB although he also played several matches as a left back as well back when he was still playing in Switzerland. At any case Lang's an experienced and reliable defender who can play in several positions so definitely a welcome signing; especially given our injury crisis.

• The title was changed to Michael Lane - Werder Bremen Interested
3 hours ago, nudge said:

Yeah posted it in the Werder thread a while ago. Looks like a done deal already and the player was spotted in our stadium today apparently.

Augustinsson is a left back though so Lang is more likely an option for RB (if Gebre Selassie plays as a CB alongside Moisander) or CB although he also played several matches as a left back as well back when he was still playing in Switzerland. At any case Lang's an experienced and reliable defender who can play in several positions so definitely a welcome signing; especially given our injury crisis.

Oh sorry, my bad, I didn't realise that you already posted this news. It's the first time I've heard of this deal, but obviously, if you'd posted about this deal a while ago, there must of been interest in him for some time. It's true that Lang's primary position is right back, but he is a very versatile defensive player and he can play in all areas of defence really. It's really unfortunate that Werder have lost two key defenders in Toprak and Augustinsson to injury for such a long period of time. I think that we will see a lot of last minute Bundesliga transfers in the next few days.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Michael said:

Oh sorry, my bad, I didn't realise that you already posted this news. It's the first time I've heard of this deal, but obviously, if you'd posted about this deal a while ago, there must of been interest in him for some time. It's true that Lang's primary position is right back, but he is a very versatile defensive player and he can play in all areas of defence really. It's really unfortunate that Werder have lost two key defenders in Toprak and Augustinsson to injury for such a long period of time. I think that we will see a lot of last minute Bundesliga transfers in the next few days.

Haha no need to apologise; I only posted it yesterday as well once I read about it.

Him and his agent arrived at the stadium today too and the deal is as good as done now! 

Yeah those injuries in the defence have been really unfortunate. Augustinsson is now out for  months, Toprak for 6 weeks. Veljkovic still injured as well, Langkamp just started individual training.

Yeah, Werder have been very unfortunate with injuries to their defensive players. Augustinsson and Toprak are not just defensive players who are out injured, they are arguably Werder's best 2 defensive players. Veljkovic is also emerging as a young quality defender and his loss to injury is also a big blow to the club. Langkamp's absence just adds to the clubs defensive woes.

You guys have just been very unfortunate. I think Werder need to bring in another defensive player aside from Lang, such is the current injury crisis at the club.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Tommy said:

Weird that Gladbach let him go. He was very solid last season. 

Indeed but it seems he didn't fit in Rose's system this year. 

Apparently we're paying around 500k Euro loan fee and can sign him for 1,2m Euro at the end of his loan deal. That's a steal for the player of his quality O.o

Archived