Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Round 15 - Singapore

Hope we don't have a snooze feast.

We only wanted 2 wins anyway. 

• Upvote 1

Never know, this time Max might take both Mercs out lol at the start.

24 minutes ago, nudge said:

Max to win. 

Predictions, you starting the mind games early lol.

Bottas crashed his car in FP1. Big impact, but luckily he's fine. 

Would love if LeClerc could win this one. 

Antoehr good showing from Renault would be great. 

These Alfa Romeo cars look again under the lights. :x

Albon having more problems....

Williams seem to have improved a lot. 

Happy to see that Gasly had a good lap. Albon still looks to be struggling. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Happy to see that Gasly had a good lap. Albon still looks to be struggling. 

How is he struggling? o.O

Crazy to see how bumpy this course is. These cars are just bouncing down the road. 

Just now, nudge said:

How is he struggling? o.O

He has locked up on the turn, and then looked to have done the same before hitting the wall and needed a new front. 

I'd say that's struggling. 

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

He has locked up on the turn, and then looked to have done the same before hitting the wall and needed a new front. 

I'd say that's struggling. 

Still faster than both Ferraris despite making mistakes :ph34r: Granted he never drove here before.

Just now, nudge said:

Still faster than both Ferraris despite making mistakes :ph34r: Granted he never drove here before.

Yeah - no doubt, but when Sky was talking to Christian, I was unaware that Albon had never been here before. 

Question, when the drivers are in the pit, and the team puts the dual monitors in front of the driver...what exactly is on the screen? 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Yeah - no doubt, but when Sky was talking to Christian, I was unaware that Albon had never been here before. 

Question, when the drivers are in the pit, and the team puts the dual monitors in front of the driver...what exactly is on the screen? 

Session data. Telemetry from the car, lap times, sector splits etc. Basically info where they are losing time and how can they be faster.

• Upvote 1

Perez pushed Magnussen into the wall... Surely a penalty?

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Granted he never drove here before.

Did you see the bit where he was talking about getting the last corner wrong and potentially ending up in the water?

https://streamable.com/efzee

He did say his biggest weakness is overthinking xD

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Did you see the bit where he was talking about getting the last corner wrong and potentially ending up in the water?

https://streamable.com/efzee

He did say his biggest weakness is overthinking xD

Haha - That is hilarious. Max is definitely like, 'WTF you talking about in the water?"

Am I crazy or does the new Ferrari aero seem to be working well? 

This may be and odd question, but how likely is it in Singapore to pass someone? The roads look very narrow at most places..

23 minutes ago, Eco said:

This may be and odd question, but how likely is it in Singapore to pass someone? The roads look very narrow at most places..

Not as hard as in Monaco but still pretty hard to overtake. Corner 1, 7 and 14 are decent spots though, so it's not completely unlikely. 

Leclerc was flying in FP3 :x

Awww man, I was hoping for a Vettel pole, and it looked so good for so long. Ah well, still a Ferrari pole, and P3 for Seb. Not bad. 

Leclerc!!!

Hell yes! So happy for him. 

Regardless of which constructor you enjoy, this second half has already been so much better than the 1st half. Much more competitive, and now we have Leclerc on fire at the moment. 

Feel sorry for Seb :( Really hoped he would finally get the pole again; good effort but too eager on his last run. Great lap by Leclerc. Seems Ferrari really made a huge progress. Will be interesting to see how well they do in the race though; I think Charles gained most time on Lewis in the first sector on the straight.

Amazing last sector by Lewis. Hard to overtake here but he could definitely still get Leclerc at the start or go for undercut. 

Red Bull not as fast as I expected; only P4 for Max. Glad Albon could improve a bit on his last run. A 0.6s to Max is still quite a gap but probably not too bad on this track (I think it was the same between Max and Ricciardo here last year too) and it's still smaller than the one between Bottas and Lewis :D 

Gasly had a phenomenal Q1. Kvyat disappointing. 

Sauber mediocre; expected more from Kimi but he seems to have a much worse second half of the season.

I’m enjoying Leclerc’s immense form the last few qualifiers. That’s 3 poles in a row now.

3 hours ago, nudge said:

EE_3qxaWkAIdz9D?format=jpg&name=medium

Ferrari battering everything that even looks like a straight line again. Their traction and acceleration must be sensational because they're fastest even in the early part of the full throttle sections, whereas that was Red Bull territory at the last high downforce track in Hungary.

Didn't see that coming today, exciting times for Ferrari and for F1. Both they and Red Bull have truly pegged Mercedes back in terms of qualifying pace. It'll be interesting to see how they all compare on race pace tomorrow and if Mercedes still fare better in the race than on Saturday.

• Upvote 1