talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

All Matches - 1-2nd January, 2020

football forum

We were efficient and controlled the game with ease. I’m not going to call it World class because Sheffield for me were very disappointing, but it was an impressive showing of power from the team. 

If we can do the same to Spurs and Utd, with aN extra dollop of ruthlessness, that would be splendid.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Rick said:

We were efficient and controlled the game with ease. I’m not going to call it World class because Sheffield for me were very disappointing, but it was an impressive showing of power from the team. 

If we can do the same to Spurs and Utd, with aN extra dollop of ruthlessness, that would be splendid.

I thought you looked solid last night, not a masterclass but enough to get the job done. It's another step towards that first title in 30 years and even as a United fan you have to say it's deserved for the level of football produced for the last 18 months.

And that's painful to admit :)

On 02/01/2020 at 22:28, DNA said:

We signed 3 attackers in the summer, so we've already thrown quite a bit of money at it already, Mousset has been decent, McBurnie the disappointment so far.

For this season.. we might have to stick with our guns. We're being loosely linked with Sturridge but I think he'll go Villa (bullet dodged), also Ollie Watkins of Brentford & Eze of QPR (a good replacement for McGoldrick) but I can see a bigger club taking a gamble on him tbh.

Tbh I don’t think you or Villa would be well off with Sturridge. Great player in terms of natural talent, but I just don’t think his body can take this league anymore. Especially in Wilder’s system where you need every player ready to give 100%

• The topic was unpinned

Archived