talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Masked Singer

football forum

• Subscriber

Watched Saturday's episode last night and going to give Sunday's a watch tonight.

Basic premise is celebrities sing songs but are wearing outfits which mask their identities and the panel have to guess who they are based on their singing and the clues they provide. One celebrity gets unmasked at the end of each weeks episode.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Watched Saturday's episode last night and going to give Sunday's a watch tonight.

Basic premise is celebrities sing songs but are wearing outfits which mask their identities and the panel have to guess who they are based on their singing and the clues they provide. One celebrity gets unmasked at the end of each weeks episode.

We had this show do is first season in Australia a few months ago and it was a hit in our household.

Guilty pleasure watch.

Who are the judges in the UK version?

• Subscriber

I started to watch the first episode but got bored with it and started to read a book instead, not a watch for me I am afraid, there is only one show I like and would not miss and that is The Voice, the BBC made the biggest mistake in selling this show to ITV and me and the wife love it, the likes of The X-Factor, Britains Got Talent and this Masked Singer can do a runner for me.

Jonathan Ross, I can't stand him but when they all started yelling out 'Take it off, take it off...' that put me right off and I can't see the point in coming in all dressed up as characters hiding their faces? plus more than likely the songs are all pre-recorded as I can't see them trying to sing with all the costumes on and a mask of a character stuck on their heads.   

Saying all that the wife loved it and will be watching it again tonight and I will lye in bed reading my book and listen to some music on this laptop, bliss.    

• Subscriber
On 11/01/2020 at 15:40, CaaC (John) said:

I started to watch the first episode but got bored with it and started to read a book instead, not a watch for me I am afraid, there is only one show I like and would not miss and that is The Voice, the BBC made the biggest mistake in selling this show to ITV and me and the wife love it, the likes of The X-Factor, Britains Got Talent and this Masked Singer can do a runner for me.

Jonathan Ross, I can't stand him but when they all started yelling out 'Take it off, take it off...' that put me right off and I can't see the point in coming in all dressed up as characters hiding their faces? plus more than likely the songs are all pre-recorded as I can't see them trying to sing with all the costumes on and a mask of a character stuck on their heads.   

Saying all that the wife loved it and will be watching it again tonight and I will lye in bed reading my book and listen to some music on this laptop, bliss.    

That's the whole idea of the show though? So that the judges can't see who it is? And who cares if the songs are pre-recorded - it's not a talent show? 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Pyfish said:

That's the whole idea of the show though? So that the judges can't see who it is? And who cares if the songs are pre-recorded - it's not a talent show? 

Just not my cup of tea but as I said, the wife loves it, it was on again Saturday and the wife and son watched it and I just plodded along on this laptop, if you like it then good on you, still not for me though. :D

Archived