talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton 1-1 Liverpool - Saturday 28th November, 2020

football forum

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

No you read it! You fucking wrote it hahaha you said ... "People think that you can only be offside with a part of the body you can score with, when in actual fact it says hands and arms"...

It doesn't say hand and arms though? Nowhere does it say hand and arms!

You don't even understand your own fucking post, so how the hell do you expect us to? 

Come on mate, sort ya self out.

It says hand and arms on wikipedia. Find me a source where it says different. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It says hand and arms on wikipedia. Find me a source where it says different. 

Why are you telling me to read your post again then, if I was right in the first place? You don't even know the rules.. you just quote wiki. The worst bit is ... you have had this debate before and apologised for being wrong. Now you are saying the same thing again.

Come on.. someone help this lad out.

• Administrator

Quick Google of 'IFAB Offside rules' says the following:

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

Offside position

It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:

• any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
  • The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.

A player is not in an offside position if level with the:

• second-last opponent or
  • last two opponents

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Why are you telling me to read your post again then, if I was right in the first place?

Come on.. someone help this lad out.

Your not right. I just said you can be offside with shoulder. Wikipedia says you can be offside with any part of your body except hands and arms. So your shoulder can be offside 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offside_(association_football)

1 minute ago, Stan said:

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

Offside position

• any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
  • The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.

• last two opponents

Yeah hands and arms can't be offside. So shoulder can be offside 

Just now, Stan said:

Offside position

• last two opponents

There you go @Gunnersauraus.. learn the rules before debating id say.

• Administrator

Looks like @Gunnersauraus is correct and 'shoulder' in this day and age of the game is classed as body, therefore can be classed as offside.

The last bullet point is probably the most key - hands and arms aren't parts of the body you can legally score with, so therefore ignored...

Just now, Stan said:

Looks like @Gunnersauraus is correct and 'shoulder' in this day and age of the game is classed as body, therefore can be classed as offside.

The last bullet point is probably the most key - hands and arms aren't parts of the body you can legally score with, so therefore ignored...

@LFCMadLadI think it is you who need lessons 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Hes not right because he said this ..

Like I've said before there is a mix up where people think you can only be offside with a part I'd your body you can score with where as in fact it actually says hand and arms

• Administrator

Like I've said before there is a mix up where people think you can only be offside with a part I'd your body you can score with where as in fact it actually says hand and arms

I don't know if it's just me but are you both not just thinking the same thing but just fancy debating each other for the sake of it xD?

You can be offside with any part of the body you can score with.

You can't be offside if your hands and arms are in an offside position because you can't legally score with them.

What's there now to argue between you two xD?

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why am i wrong explain? I said a lot of people tink you can only be offside with a part of your body you can score with. That isn't true. You can't score with your shoulders but your shoulders can still cause you to be offside 

Just now, Stan said:

I don't know if it's just me but are you both not just thinking the same thing but just fancy debating each other for the sake of it xD?

You can't be offside if your hands and arms are in an offside position because you can't legally score with them.

You can't score with your shoulders though. But you can be offside with your shoulders 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Thats exactly right. Read his original post Stan.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Why am i wrong explain? I said a lot of people tink you can only be offside with a part of your body you can score with. That isn't true. You can't score with your shoulders but your shoulders can still cause you to be offside 

You said Like I've said before there is a mix up where people think you can only be offside with a part I'd your body you can score with where as in fact it actually says hand and arms

You said Like I've said before there is a mix up where people think you can only be offside with a part I'd your body you can score with where as in fact it actually says hand and arms

Explain what have I said that is wrong then?  Because you aren't really making much sense to me 

You can only be offside with a part of the body you can score with. You can't be offside with your hand or arms. 

That is the rule.

I haven't disputed that you can't be offside with your hands and arms.  I've said you can be offside with your shoulder because it isn't part of your  arms. 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I haven't disputed that you can't be offside with your hands and arms.  I've said you can be offside with your shoulder because it isn't part of your  arms. 

@Stan as a neutral I want to ask you if you understand what I mean or have I explained it badly?

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You did dispute it.. ill say it again...

You said Like I've said before there is a mix up where people think you can only be offside with a part I'd your body you can score with where as in fact it actually says hand and arms

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

@Stan as a neutral I want to ask you if you understand what I mean or have I explained it badly?

Whatever you're trying to say in the part of your post MadLad is quoting has been explained badly. It seems to be at odds with what you've followed it with

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Whatever you're trying to say in the part of your post MadLad is quoting has been explained badly. It seems to be at odds with what you've followed it with

Thank you. 

He did this before, saying hands and arms can be offside. Then he got called out and made out he meant shoulder.

Ask the many people who corrected him that day.

You did dispute it.. ill say it again...

You said Like I've said before there is a mix up where people think you can only be offside with a part I'd your body you can score with where as in fact it actually says hand and arms

WHEN WHEN DID I DISPUTE IT?  You have clearly misunderstood my post.

I clearly said people think you can only be offside with your A PART OF YOUR BODY YOU CAN SCORE WITH. Where as the rules of the game say ONLY YOUR HANDS AND ARMS CAN BE OFFSIDE. So what I am saying is your shoulder which you can't score with can be offside. Therefore it isn't true that you can only be offside with a part of your body you can score with. Your shoulder can be offside even though you can't score with it.

Archived