Kick-off 19.30

Live on BT Sport

1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png      VS     everton.PNG

Recent Form
Leeds - WWLLL
Everton - LDWWW

Last 3 Meetings
28/11/2020 - Everton 0-1 Leeds
25/09/2012 - Leeds 2-1 Everton (EFL Cup)
13/04/2004 - Leeds 1-1 Everton

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, you don't need to be Einstein to work out what happens here.

Everton lose at home to Newcastle, look absolute bobbins. We win at at Leicester and look really decent.

So it absolutely whiffs of an Everton win. I've already resigned myself to it.

• Subscriber

Honestly going to roll a pair of dice and stick a tenner on that being the final score here. :ph34r:

I think we'll probably lose this. Exactly the type of game we've struggled in all season. An opponent we'll be expected to impose ourselves on at least to some extent that will run us ragged in midfield and have enough pace throughout the team to get men behind the ball when we try to counter. Good chance it plays out like the reverse fixture for me.

• The title was changed to Leeds 0-2 Everton - Wednesday 3rd February, 2021

Well I did call it didn't I. Textbook Leeds this.

That was such a weird half. Very frenetic. Almost like a game of basketball at times. No real control and several misplaced passes.

We've been punished twice for absolute non-existent marking, Casper the fucking Ghost would have done a better job, especially leaving DCL at the back post for their second. Fuck me.

We've not actually played that bad, 2-0 is a very harsh scoreline but they have took their chances. We've had a couple good chances and deserved that Alioski volley to go in, absolute sweet hit.

It just doesn't feel like our night. 

• The title was changed to Leeds 1-2 Everton - Wednesday 3rd February, 2021

Whatever happens this second half, I cannot fault the effort at all. We've absolutely thrown everything at them.

The intensity has been cranked up and Everton look in a daze. They are struggling to keep us out.

How it's not level, I don't know but credit to Olson, he's having a great game.

Fuck me, bring back Pickford.

This is an example of how up and down everything is, you can lose one week and all of a sudden be considered out of the race for this and that and then follow it up with another win (if they hold onto this lead xD) and then Everton will have 2 games in hand with a chance to go level with Leicester 

• Subscriber

I've been at the pub tonight (yeah, sorry lads) so I didn't see the game except for the last few minutes in the reflection behind the bar because we're sat round the corner. Looked and sounds like we were battered for much of the game but we continue to be utter cunts and somehow just find a way to win. 7 out of 10 wins on the road this season. Another massive 3 points tonight.

44 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I've been at the pub tonight (yeah, sorry lads) so I didn't see the game except for the last few minutes in the reflection behind the bar because we're sat round the corner. Looked and sounds like we were battered for much of the game but we continue to be utter cunts and somehow just find a way to win. 7 out of 10 wins on the road this season. Another massive 3 points tonight.

What an utter cunt. What's it like to have a social life? xD

I predicted the defeat as it's classic Leeds and also par for the course the way this season plays out. Bloody Everton, I just knew it....

We'll just have to take that on the chin tonight. We fell asleep twice in the first half and they made us pay. Too much to do Second half.

We deserved at least a draw, probably the win too but you have to take your chances and we didn't. Olson's triple save in the space of 20 seconds summed up our night really.

How that keeper doesn't leapfrog Pickford now after that I don't know.

Got to keep perspective though. We are where we are because we make mistakes. We're a great side to watch but we've got to learn to stay switched on because you can't expect to score three goals all the time to win games.

• Subscriber

Pickford is injured but due to be back for the next game. Obviously the narrative around him is basically unshakeable now, but until the mistake against Leicester, Pickford has actually been good value for his spot despite Olsen not putting a foot wrong in any of his appearances. Olsen also isn't really as comfortable with the ball at his feet as Pickford. However, watching the highlights Olsen has been more than just a stable pair of hands on this occasion, you'd imagine that Ancelotti has a decision to make but he's backed Pickford after worse performances than he's put in lately.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived