Kick-off 12.30

Live on BT Sport

1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png      VS     1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Recent Form
Leeds - LLWLL
Chelsea - WWDWD

Last 3 Meetings
05/12/2020 - Chelsea 3-1 Leeds
19/12/2012 - Leeds 1-5 Chelsea (EFL Cup)
15/05/2004 - Chelsea 1-0 Leeds

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see a win here sadly. I think we're just going through a bit of a tough spell and it's sapped the confidence a little bit. We're due a bit of luck.

Played miles better than West Ham Monday which is no coincidence given we had a couple players return, but ultimately couldn't take a single chance, that never helps.

Chelsea will be very streetwise. They will remain solid and look to pick us off with the gaps we leave and I see Mason Mount in particular having a lovely time running towards our box.

And in the previous fixture at theirs, Chelsea were a massive threat everytime the ball was whipped in the box, especially from corners so that brings the centre backs into play.

The only thing that might disturb Chelsea is the pitch factor, they won't be used to playing on such a shambles bit of turf. I'll still be shocked if we avoid defeat mind.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bamford dropped @Lucas?

Nope?

We've lost Liam Cooper so if it's not Llorente being out for nearly the whole season and Koch missing 4 months, Cooper's now missing his 8th game through injury.

Cannot catch a break at centre half.

Continually starting Tyler Roberts is a waste of everyone's time. Useless.

Going to get massively turned over here.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Nope?

We've lost Liam Cooper so if it's not Llorente being out for nearly the whole season and Koch missing 4 months, Cooper's now missing his 8th game through injury.

Cannot catch a break at centre half.

Continually starting Tyler Roberts is a waste of everyone's time. Useless.

Going to get massively turned over here.

Ah right. I went on Flashscore and they had Gelhardt up top. Can he try and hit the target this time please? 

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can't watch Chelsea games when Joe Cole is on punditry.

He's terrible. It's all hyperbole with him and not actually that much insight. One of those that things every player can become great or world class. 

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

Looks like a back 4 for us

They showed a clip of your players training and the 3 of your defenders were training together (Azpilicueta, Christensen and Rudiger)... 

• Administrator

Pitch looks a bit ropey at Leeds. 

Shame there's no fans for this (and every game obviously) but was watching the clips of yesteryear where this game had some great fights and bust-ups. Can't see Leeds winning but would love it if so. 

First 25 mins of that game were great for a neutral, pretty end to end, really surprised it remained 0-0.

Chelsea's quality is vastly superior and threat on the right hand side with Pulisic especially is dangerous. Eventually, you see them getting in because Alioski is no LB.

That said, we've come the closest when Roberts hit the bar. By and large though, we're struggling to get control of the game.

Losing Bamford is a blow in terms of how the side operates. I think we were glad to get to HT because it really seemed to affect us.

• Administrator

@Lucas with Leeds having defended fairly well for the most part, is it inevitable that there'll be a last-minute howler from keeper or defence to gift Chelsea the win? 

Archived