talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Daniel James - Leicester Linked

football forum

1 minute ago, Devil said:

To be honest I think his pace is overated. Championship level it worked well for him but most Premier league players are fast anyway and they know how to defend against players with pace and skill. 

A one dimensional player is so easy defend against.

Having quick players that are also very good is... pretty fucking nice. Having Mo and Mane in our side is pretty quality. But yeah, being one dimensional in the top flight is usually not a great sign for that player's future. Especially nowadays, where I don't think there are too many easy matches in the league.

Look at Jahanbakhsh at Brighton. Him being really fucking quick almost alone basically had him as top scorer in Holland - but he's not got enough to his game (excellent goal against Chelsea aside) to really succeed in the premier league. He doesn't even look that quick to me anymore when he does get on the pitch xD - makes me wonder if he was really ever that fast or if his highlight reel from AZ just happens to show him a lot when he's at top speed.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Having quick players that are also very good is... pretty fucking nice. Having Mo and Mane in our side is pretty quality. But yeah, being one dimensional in the top flight is usually not a great sign for that player's future. Especially nowadays, where I don't think there are too many easy matches in the league.

Look at Jahanbakhsh at Brighton. Him being really fucking quick almost alone basically had him as top scorer in Holland - but he's not got enough to his game (excellent goal against Chelsea aside) to really succeed in the premier league. He doesn't even look that quick to me anymore when he does get on the pitch xD - makes me wonder if he was really ever that fast or if his highlight reel from AZ just happens to show him a lot when he's at top speed.

You’re really slow 

• Subscriber

Diving isn't an offence anymore. You could touch a players shoulder with your little finger and you get thicko pundits making a case for a penalty. It's this utterly ridiculous culture of lying that's been allowed to manifest that has lead to this kind of nonsense.

As for our players - couldn't give a shit. Until they sort the officiating out there is no harm in doing it.

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Until pundits and the twitterati start treating British serial divers the same way as they treat foreign divers, I'll always reserve extra criticism for UK born players that dive and basically get away with no criticism at all. He'll fit in nicely alongside Jamie Vardy in that regard.

STEVIE STARFISH G LAAAAAA XX

Archived