talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jarrod Bowen - Liverpool interested

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proper head down and run type player, the amount of times I watched West Ham to see how Benrahma was getting on and you'd watch Benrahma try and play some intricate football with him and instead he'd just launch it into the box or leg it...

• Administrator

Wonder if he can be a bit one-dimensional at times. 

Would that suit Liverpool? It could turn out to be a Jota-esque signing but then Jota was better at Wolves than Bowen has been at West Ham.

It does add depth to that part of the side for Liverpool though.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Would that suit Liverpool? It could turn out to be a Jota-esque signing but then Jota was better at Wolves than Bowen has been at West Ham.

I don't know a great deal about him but his numbers in the Premier League last season are similar to Jota's in his two seasons at Wolves. Of course Jota scored a load in Europe in his final season with Wolves too.

To be fair on the lad he looks a right handful to play against, fast, good movement and good at beating a man. 

What I will say is I think he could be more productive with his final ball or finishing. Maybe that would improve in a better side though.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Proper head down and run type player, the amount of times I watched West Ham to see how Benrahma was getting on and you'd watch Benrahma try and play some intricate football with him and instead he'd just launch it into the box or leg it...

1 hour ago, Stan said:

25 minutes ago, Devil said:

To be fair on the lad he looks a right handful to play against, fast, good movement and good at beating a man. 

What I will say is I think he could be more productive with his final ball or finishing. Maybe that would improve in a better side though.

Quoted myself cos this applies to what I was saying, fair to assume that under David Moyes that West Ham aren't exactly coached to play intricate football. Maybe he has the ability to play the ball around more and just needs a coach who employs that to get the best out of him.

It's James Pearce, so it's probably reliable. And I do think, considering his numbers, it's likely he'd contribute more as a squad player with us than either Origi or Shaqiri did.

If you look at our squad depth, I think it's clear we need to up the attacking depth. Especially as Mane and Salah get another year older... but at the same time, we've got our front 3 + Jota who want to play every front 3 possible... and those 4 probably put us right up there with one of the best attacks in the league.

But considering how last season went, I do think the only way we can keep up with Citeh in the event of another injury crisis is if we improve our overall depth... which is obviously tough when you're competing against a club that's got a budget higher than some countries' GDPs.

Archived