talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cristian Romero to Tottenham

This has been rumbling on for a while but delighted it looks like it’s finally over the line.

Serie A defender of the year last year, very impressive in the Copa America and CL. Only 23. A proper leader at the back for us and exactly where we needed to strengthen. 

Still work to be done getting another CB and RB but this signing is exciting 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Atalanta win again. Sell a player for over market value and then replace him with higher quality for cheaper.

I like Demiral but he’s not better than Romero. And if anyone knows the two players better than anyone it’s Paratici 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Another improvement on Spurs' starting XI. Very good player.

@Storts do you expect Gollini to start straight away ahead of Lloris?

I’d say this is the first signing we’ve made that improves us but it’s the most important one

No Lloris is number one for sure. I don’t think Gollini will ever really challenge him  

25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He was class in the Copa America. 

Messi, de Paul, Romero and Emiliano Martinez were all class and Di Maria did well as a super sub.

Could they have a chance in the next World Cup? They play shit football but they haven't lost in 2 years under Scolari. 

It'll be class if they have that special one off "Maradona super cup" between the winners of this summer's euros and Copa America. It's ironic how both Argentina and Italy would play in it also given the connection Diego had to both countries.

56 minutes ago, Storts said:

I like Demiral but he’s not better than Romero. And if anyone knows the two players better than anyone it’s Paratici 

Yeah I was being a bit facetious but it just shows that Atalanta are a well run club. They had him on loan, buy him, and turn a huge profit. They consistently do this.

15 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Messi, de Paul, Romero and Emiliano Martinez were all class and Di Maria did well as a super sub.

Could they have a chance in the next World Cup? They play shit football but they haven't lost in 2 years under Scolari. 

It'll be class if they have that special one off "Maradona super cup" between the winners of this summer's euros and Copa America. It's ironic how both Argentina and Italy would play in it also given the connection Diego had to both countries.

:ph34r:

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah I was being a bit facetious but it just shows that Atalanta are a well run club. They had him on loan, buy him, and turn a huge profit. They consistently do this.

Oh yeah, they’re brilliant 

Archived