talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

"They Must Win The League Now"

City have the excuse of not being able to get their targets. Chelsea are favourites in my opinion, that hasn't changed with the Ronaldo transfer but Solskjaer has more pressure on him because he's the main reason I don't think Man Utd will be able to bring things together for a title win. He's not as bad as most make out but the managers he's competing against in Guardiola, Klopp, and Tuchel are of a higher calibre. The players can take a team far but I don't think it'll be to the top.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Feel like you’re doing a disservice to the players you have. Ox is still a very good back up player and as far as I’m aware was fit the back end of last season. Jota, Chamberlain and Elliot isn’t bad cover for a front 3 that will likely play most games this season.

Milner, Keita, Jones and Minamino isn’t bad back up for your midfield 3. And now you also have your star centre back plus Konate in the mix in defence.

Your first 11 probably won’t need to rotate a lot this season and tbh the depth you have considering that is pretty good.

Look at Man City, they have a big squad but unhappy forwards because they’re rotated too much.

Ox hasn’t really done anything for 18 months due to injury and lack of game time last season. Minamino was shipped out on loan and Saints didn’t fancy him much either. Keita has been a sick note, even if he has shown some talent. Milner is reliable, but he is slowing down. Elliott is 18, and shouldn’t have too many expectations put on him right now. 

I’m not saying we have shit squad players btw, but I think there are a few here that are overrating them because of their name. If you actually look at the output of Keita, Minamino & Ox over the last year or so, it is very little. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I’ve been very consistent with my views on the squad and transfers for a while. Regardless of who is signing for who, we need better than Origi & Minamino & Ox, and it shouldn’t be seen as difficult to do that since all three of them have been very average for us for a while now. You think Origi gets five years of mediocrity at Chelsea or City?

We’re a big club that needs to start acting like it. Loyalty should only be given to those who warrant it. 

Can't expect to compete with the money the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Real Madrid (who I thought were broke but it seems as if they're not), PSG, and Man Utd are willing and capable of spending. Especially on wages. They also don't have to worry about their status at the top. They have access to the top players first. Everyone else has to shop elsewhere. Having the type of squads those clubs want to put together isn't that realistic for anyone else. Maybe Bayern or Juventus.

• Subscriber

The Premier League is by far the best league in the world, and back to where it was before Pep created the best side of all time and started the Spanish dominance. It’s not even close any more. 

If United had a Klopp or Pep, they would easy win the league in my opinion. But without that calibre of manager City and Liverpool will be the top 2. Chelsea 3rd. United 4th. Ole is punching. And it will probably take another year or 2 of under achieving till United realise that. 

Archived