Crystal Palace 2-2 Leicester - Sunday 3rd October, 2021

football forums

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

They'd fully deserve it if they got it.

Horrible stuff from us.

This is not where I saw you being at the beginning of the season, thought you would have been in and around the top 6 at least, What's gone wrong?? 

Not sure how I feel about that. If you had offered me a draw against the almighty third place Brighton and Leicester City before kick off I would have taken it. The thought of controlling these games under Roy was a pipe dream. But the manner in which we have controlled games and conceded goals is pretty disappointing.

The big positive is that Micheal Olise will start after the international games. A midfield of Luka sitting behind Gallagher and Eze with Zaha and Olise either side of Edouard is just fun to type out. Let alone imagine what it could be like.

Brendan Rodgers will be pleased Jamie Vardy wasn't actually injured. I get Wolves / Jimenez vibes last season with them at the minute.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Not sure how I feel about that. If you had offered me a draw against the almighty third place Brighton and Leicester City before kick off I would have taken it. The thought of controlling these games under Roy was a pipe dream. But the manner in which we have controlled games and conceded goals is pretty disappointing.

The big positive is that Micheal Olise will start after the international games. A midfield of Luka sitting behind Gallagher and Eze with Zaha and Olise either side of Edouard is just fun to type out. Let alone imagine what it could be like.

Brendan Rodgers will be pleased Jamie Vardy wasn't actually injured. I get Wolves / Jimenez vibes last season with them at the minute.

Should McArthur have been sent off for the challenge on Vardy? 

Lucky we didn't lose. We were shite and need to pull our fingers out. 

• Subscriber

Just utterly woeful. Lucky to be 2 up, lucky to not lose it on the second half display. We're on 8 points and I think we're lucky it's as many as that.

This is by a mile the worst we've looked under him. Game in, game out it's just dog shit.

Personally one thing I'd expect Vieria the manager to give any side is a squad of players going out there to compete like they believe they can get something from most matches. It really does seem that is what he's adding to Palace right now.

For Leicester, I do worry for any side in this era when the manager decides 2 strikers seems the way to go. Doesn't suggest too much confidence in the wing-attack, CAM type options, where the best sides knick wins & draws.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

For Leicester, I do worry for any side in this era when the manager decides 2 strikers seems the way to go. Doesn't suggest too much confidence in the wing-attack, CAM type options, where the best sides knick wins & draws.

You've probably not watched us a lot then xD

Vardy gets isolated when he plays as lone striker. 

Our CAM options aren't great as Maddison isn't in form. We have a left winger out of form. Lookman as the right winger has started well. 

Iheanacho is bang in form and helps Vardy out a lot. He should have been starting a while back. 

• Subscriber

I think it's the first time I've seen Palace this season. There was a genuine freshness about them today. I could see why they hammered Spurs a few weeks back. They should have won today as well if not for costly mistakes.

Not sure what's really missing from Leicester's point of view. With the personnel there they should be fine. Just looks like a general lack of confidence and possibly not quite as much hunger but I could be mistaken. From what I've seen today and what little I've seen from them earlier in the season, I can see why the lads on here think it's mad that Iheanacho hasn't been starting. I'm expecting to see Lookman do quite well under Rodgers but he was a bit flat today for most of the game.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Should McArthur have been sent off for the challenge on Vardy? 

Lucky we didn't lose. We were shite and need to pull our fingers out..

If Vardy didn't go down struggling to breathe I honestly don't think he would have got a yellow card.

• Subscriber

It was as blatant a yellow as you'll see.

Thought Palace played well again though really. Not really getting the results to match their football but playing some nice stuff.

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 2-2 Leicester - Sunday 3rd October, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived