Recent Form
Everton - DWLLW
West Ham - LWWWL

• The title was changed to Everton vs West Ham - Sunday 17th October, 2021
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Battle of the 2 best Everton managers in my lifetime.

To be honest if benitez could get everton to a 6th place finish you could argue that was as good as Moyes as moyes didnt have to compete with city until the end and spurs weren't as good. Dont really get why Everton fans seem to dislike Moyes at times he was probably their best manager in the premier league era . 

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

To be honest if benitez could get everton to a 6th place finish you could argue that was as good as Moyes as moyes didnt have to compete with city until the end and spurs weren't as good. Dont really get why Everton fans seem to dislike Moyes at times he was probably their best manager in the premier league era . 

Benitez I’m confident will be their best manager in my lifetime. The man’s seriously underrated in England.

I fully believe he’ll end up loved by both red and blue sides of Merseyside when he calls time on his career.

Might be biased though because he’s the second best manager we’ve had in my lifetime and I’ll always love the man.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Benitez I’m confident will be their best manager in my lifetime. The man’s seriously underrated in England.

I fully believe he’ll end up loved by both red and blue sides of Merseyside when he calls time on his career.

Might be biased though because he’s the second best manager we’ve had in my lifetime and I’ll always love the man.

I think it will be hard for him to do what Moyes did because moyes was there for a long time. I dont know about all everton fans but I know @RandoEFC just wants to win something. Which I understand because when we went years without winning anything I just wanted to win something even if it was the league cup. I was devastated when we lost the final to Birmingham.  The problem is with the big clubs strengh in depth it has become even harder for other clubs to compete. It is more than possible even likely I will never see arsenal win the league again 

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think it will be hard for him to do what Moyes did because moyes was there for a long time. I dont know about all everton fans but I know @RandoEFC just wants to win something. Which I understand because when we went years without winning anything I just wanted to win something even if it was the league cup. I was devastated when we lost the final to Birmingham.  The problem is with the big clubs strengh in depth it has become even harder for other clubs to compete. It is more than possible even likely I will never see arsenal win the league again 

Arsenal are miles away at the moment but I thought the same about Liverpool before Klopp arrived, that I'd never see us win the league. Arsenal, like Liverpool, will always have decent money to spend. Arsenal's issues aren't that they can't compete at all financially, it's what they're doing with the money they do spend. Of course there's now three or four clubs with a bottomless pit of money which makes it harder but Arsenal will probably get it right at some point and they'll be back in the mix. It just means that mistakes in the transfer market have to be kept to a minimum.

25 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Arsenal are miles away at the moment but I thought the same about Liverpool before Klopp arrived, that I'd never see us win the league. Arsenal, like Liverpool, will always have decent money to spend. Arsenal's issues aren't that they can't compete at all financially, it's what they're doing with the money they do spend. Of course there's now three or four clubs with a bottomless pit of money which makes it harder but Arsenal will probably get it right at some point and they'll be back in the mix. It just means that mistakes in the transfer market have to be kept to a minimum.

We wont win it with kronke as owner. But with better owners you are right we could win it. But it's always harder with city and will be harder with Newcastle now. I dont think its just the manager you have to get the scouting and lots of other things right I think.

6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

We wont win it with kronke as owner. But with better owners you are right we could win it. But it's always harder with city and will be harder with Newcastle now. I dont think its just the manager you have to get the scouting and lots of other things right I think.

You’ve spent enough more than some clubs that have done better than you… I don’t think Kroenke’s a great guy but I do think there’s people under him at Arsenal that have mismanaged things. It’s not just Arteta and Emery, to me it looks like the DoF hasn’t really got a cohesive plan for the long term objectives of the club and how to work towards those with incremental short term goals.

32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You’ve spent enough more than some clubs that have done better than you… I don’t think Kroenke’s a great guy but I do think there’s people under him at Arsenal that have mismanaged things. It’s not just Arteta and Emery, to me it looks like the DoF hasn’t really got a cohesive plan for the long term objectives of the club and how to work towards those with incremental short term goals.

I dont think its just spending. The club is run badly. But he owns the club and hasn't attempted to sort these problems out. I think a better owner would of or attempted to get people in who could. We've spent alot but I think if we get back in the champions league our spending will be much less. I dont feel kronke will invest to get us to the top. He invests when he needs to to get more money .

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@RandoEFC what do everton fans think of Benitez now? Is it still mixed? How about you?

More positive than negative currently I'd say. There's still a reluctance to fully embrace him emotionally I'd say which will take a long time but our fans are largely on board at the moment. Won't stop him getting harsher than normal treatment if he calls things wrong, especially if we take a cautious approach in a game and lose it'll be "told you football has passed him by" or something but as long as we get more good days than bad there won't be any serious questions or problems. He's currently in credit for sure.

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I dont think its just spending. The club is run badly. But he owns the club and hasn't attempted to sort these problems out. I think a better owner would of or attempted to get people in who could. We've spent alot but I think if we get back in the champions league our spending will be much less. I dont feel kronke will invest to get us to the top. He invests when he needs to to get more money .

They’ve spent enough where if it wasn’t badly spent it would have made a huge impact, it isn’t just spending but spending helps if you’ve got the right people.

Arsenal dont though

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They’ve spent enough where if it wasn’t badly spent it would have made a huge impact, it isn’t just spending but spending helps if you’ve got the right people.

Arsenal dont though

Thats what I said. Or that is what I meant at least. Maybe I worded it wrong 

• Subscriber

That was a horrid performance. Rondon is arguably not even an upgrade on playing with ten men I'm afraid. It's hard to believe that Dobbin or Simms would be any less effective even just for 30 minutes. Desperate to get Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison back.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Just a point to mention. Do we remember when I was laughed at for suggesting Townsend would be a good option on the bench for us….probably been Everton’s best player this season along with Doucoure.

Yeah and you'd still be laughed at now

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

By fools

Yeah probably because I’d still laugh at that. He’s been better than probably everyone thought he’d be at Everton. He’s still miles off our current wingers - he’s struggle to get time on the pitch.

11 minutes ago, Rick said:

By fools

Do you actually watch Liverpool play? What makes you think he'd be a good signing for Liverpool?

If Liverpool are signing players for the forward positions they need someone aged 20-23, not 30 year old Andros Townsend who has spent his career at mid table clubs.

I said bench. Bringing him on for 15 mins against some teams would be handy. Let’s not talk of him as being some useless sack of shite. I’m not getting into a big debate over this, it was a lighthearted comment. 

• The title was changed to Everton 0-1 West Ham - Sunday 17th October, 2021
4 hours ago, Rick said:

Just a point to mention. Do we remember when I was laughed at for suggesting Townsend would be a good option on the bench for us….probably been Everton’s best player this season along with Doucoure.

I thought Townsend looked decent years ago. Think he had a bad injury didnt he? Expept he would be in the England set up if it hadn't been for that.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived