talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group I Matchday 9-10 - 12-15th November, 2021

football forum

This is why I think the Nations League is, in principal, probably the best thing brought into football for some time. At least with those games, it’s games between sides of similar standing, this is a training game and, really, a waste of time for all involved. 

These are the rules though. England very professional, as expected. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That's about as harsh it gets.... never a penalty for that

Which one?  Even from close range there hands were in a unnatural position which makes it a penalty. Some may disagree but both could easily be given 

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

This is why I think the Nations League is, in principal, probably the best thing brought into football for some time. At least with those games, it’s games between sides of similar standing, this is a training game and, really, a waste of time for all involved. 

These are the rules though. England very professional, as expected. 

I actually think the nations league could become a massive competition one day. Like you said it's a like a league of football. 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Which one?  Even from close range there hands were in a unnatural position which makes it a penalty. Some may disagree but both could easily be given 

The first one... I know it's the rules but harsh as fuck in my eyes... not clear and obvious and didn't deny a goal scoring opportunity... They can give that but didn't give the Portugal goal that was clearly over the line the other night.. 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

The first one... I know it's the rules but harsh as fuck in my eyes... not clear and obvious and didn't deny a goal scoring opportunity... They can give that but didn't give the Portugal goal that was clearly over the line the other night.. 

Thats the rules thought mate. It's fair if you don't like it. But that doesnt mean it shouldn't be given 

Just now, Storts said:

Agree on the Nations League - excellent addition 

Just a pity sky have the rights to it. It means I have to go to the pub and watch it. So hard 🤔

@Bluewolf we probably agree on the handball rule actually to some extent. In my opinion players should be allowed to have there hands in an unnatural position and it should only be a penalty if they have had time to move it out the way 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

@Bluewolf we probably agree on the handball rule actually to some extent. In my opinion players should be allowed to have there hands in am unnatural position and it should only be a penalty if they have had time to move it out the way 

Well, when the idea first came out I was of the thinking it should be just one rule and no grey areas, if you touch the ball regardless it's a penalty and that's what it is so I have no complaints really.. better for the rule to be clear for all... I just thought as penalties go that was as weak as they come.. xD At least everyone knows where they stand with it this way.. 

Interesting thing about san marino is that there has been research into nations per capita. According to the research san marino actually over achieve in international football

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Should of probably waited before posting with var. I mean man utd got a penalty after the game had finished once so you never know 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Could be he will tell them how well they did keeping it down to 10.... 

To be fair to san marino. I live 10 minutes away from ashton gate. You could fit their whole population  in there. Despite what the rankings say they are not the worst team in the world they would quite easily beat teams like American Samoa,  anguilla etc 

Archived