Leicester City 0-3 Chelsea - Saturday 20th November, 2021

football forums

• Administrator

Kick-off 12.30 (GMT)

Live on BT Sport

image.png       VS     1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
18/05/2021 - Chelsea 2-1 Leicester
15/05/2021 - Chelsea 0-1 Leicester (FA Cup)
19/01/2021 - Leicester 2-0 Chelsea

Recent Form
Leicester - DDLWW
Chelsea - DWWWW

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Agree with the above. Recent form didn't have me very confident anyway, but losing our talisman in Tielemans is gonna hurt us so badly against a side that keeps clean sheets for fun.

Kasper

Pereira - Evans - Soyuncu - Castagne

Ndidi - Soumare

Maddison

Iheanacho - Vardy - Barnes

Reckon it'll be quite a miserable early afternoon for us.

• Subscriber

Only thing that keeps me optimistic is somebody on here pointing out that Chelsea's two games post internationals breaks so far have seen pretty shoddy performances. They won both games but they were extremely unconvincing both times (Villa H & Brentford A).

Football is too random and we do have too much firepower to totally write us out of it but it's quite hard to be optimistic about this one.

• Administrator

Looks like a side definitely set up to counter. 

My worry is that Chelsea created so many chances against side that sets up with low block and generally defensive. And if we do the same, I can't see Chelsea restricting themselves to just one goal. If we're gonna counter, we have to do it well. We have the pace in Barnes, Lookman and Vardy (and then potentially Daka and Iheanacho), but its about getting the ball to them. We have to do that frequently and well. 

Light in midfield so looks like it's 2 lines of defence and then the front 3. Just goes to show how much Tielemans is missed. 

Also worry about James and Chilwell threatening from the wings. Guaranteed for Chilwell to score. Just bound to happen. 

Not confident still. Skeptical but not totally devoid of hope... 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Only a girl wears gloves during football..... Vardy trying to avoid breaking a nail probably

Is he writing gloves? Missed that. There must be a reason. No other players are. He might have dermatitis or something

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Didn't notice earlier but when the ref was having a word with him I saw them... 

Like I said probably a reason. None of the other players are. 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Like I said probably a reason. None of the other players are. 

I just think he likes wearing stuff.... He once played while wearing an electronic tag, They could only play him for an hour before they had to sub him to make sure he got back home in time.... True story

Archived