The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Abu Dhabi GP - 10-12th December, 2021

football forum

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MUFC said:

Decision in 30 minutes.

Apparently the team that loses can appeal so it could go on for longer. This reminds me of the us election 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

They do enjoy the drama, don't they?... 

I suppose there have been results overturned in other sports. Even football has had results overturned because of ineligible players etc. One things for sure I picked a good time to start watching f1

• Subscriber
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I suppose there have been results overturned in other sports. Even football has had results overturned because or ineligible players etc. 

There have been plenty of results overturned in F1 in the past, too, so this is nothing new. But they love creating drama nonetheless!

My impression of it is that if it were a race earlier in the season they wouldn't have done the last lap and that they didnt want it to end that way?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

My impression of it is that if it were a race earlier in the season they wouldn't have done the last lap and that they didnt want it to end that way?

Absolutely, finishing the title deciding race under a safety car is bad for viewership ratings...

To be honest, everything today felt scripted at times? Not saying it was, but just how it felt 😅 Lewis taking the lead, Mercedes not pitting him, Max catching up, late crash and safety car, Lewis not pitting again, dramatic restart, and the title being decided on the last lap, with plenty of drama afterwards. A dream come true for any marketing department. Kinda felt like WWE.

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

Absolutely, finishing the title deciding race under a safety car is bad for viewership ratings...

To be honest, everything today felt scripted at times? Not saying it was, but just how it felt 😅 Lewis taking the lead, Mercedes not pitting him, Max catching up, late crash and safety car, Lewis not pitting again, dramatic restart, and the title being decided on the last lap, with plenty of drama afterwards. A dream come true for any marketing department. Kinda felt like WWE.

To me personally if it was the other way around I would feel they should change the result. Its not bias from what I have seen and heard today it seems like the wrong result. You said they have changed results before so I think the fair result would be to overturn it. Although as I've said I've not watched it before so I'm only basing it on what I have seen today. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

To me personally if it was the other way around I would feel they should change the result. Its not bias from what I have seen and heard today it seems like the wrong result. You said they have changed results before so I think the fair result would be to overturn it. Although as I've said I've not watched it before so I'm only basing it on what I have seen today. 

I can see both sides, to be honest.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived