• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Abu Dhabi GP - 10-12th December, 2021

football forum

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nudge said:

Hmm let's see... It's the final race of the best season in years, with the two top drivers on equal points?...

Yeah but unless you have a favourite why would you be be nervous? 

• Subscriber

Verstappen forced him off but I can see why Red Bull are suggesting Lewis didn't give the gap back at least. Even before the lunge the gap was a few tenths not over a second and obviously with DRS that makes a sizeable difference.

Long road back to victory for Max here.

Just now, RondónEFC said:

Verstappen forced him off but I can see why Red Bull are suggesting Lewis didn't give the gap back at least. Even before the lunge the gap was a few tenths not over a second and obviously with DRS that makes a sizeable difference.

Long road back to victory for Max here.

What are they saying that he gained to much of an advantage by going of track? What is he supposed to do?

• Subscriber

Bottas is effectively out of play now and Perez is very much a factor. That's the silver lining for Red Bull. I don't think they can win this on a one stop though, and I don't know how a two stop would work for them. Maybe go onto the hards soon and try and stay in touch enough to go for the softs at the end. 

Just now, nudge said:

Looks like it is going to be a very anti-climactic race, after all... xD

I get the impression  if that was the wrong decisions earlier it possibly wouldn't of mattered?

Just now, nudge said:

Not sure what's the question here? 😅

The bit earlier where they were saying Hamilton gained to much of an advantage from going of the track or somethng? He would still be ahead anyway wouldn't he? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

The bit earlier where they were saying Hamilton gained to much of an advantage from going of the track or somethng? He would still be ahead anyway wouldn't he? 

If a driver gains advantage by going off track, he can be forced to give his position back to the other driver. Not the case here though, as he couldn't go anywhere else, he can't just disappear.

• Subscriber

I think that was everything Red Bull had left. The Mercedes is just faster and it essentially has been the better car since Hungary. Hamilton has been fantastic but we need to park this myth that the Red Bull has been decisively the better car.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

If a driver gains advantage by going off track, he can be forced to give his position back to the other driver. Not the case here though, as he couldn't go anywhere else, he can't just disappear.

So was it the right decision? The commentators are saying it might not be.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived