talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Abu Dhabi GP - 10-12th December, 2021

football forum

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont watch f1 but will watch this one. I know Hamilton can be a dick sometimes. But if you think sports stars deserve knighthoods(I don't) and you think he doesnt deserve one you are contradicting yourself.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I dont watch f1 but will watch this one. I know Hamilton can be a dick sometimes. But if you think sports stars deserve knighthoods(I don't) and you think he doesnt deserve one you are contradicting yourself.

Who thinks that? xD I can see the argument that they shouldn't be knighted until they retire if that's what you mean, I don't really have an opinion on that. Nobody can argue he doesn't deserve it for his achievements though.

8 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Who thinks that? xD I can see the argument that they shouldn't be knighted until they retire if that's what you mean, I don't really have an opinion on that. Nobody can argue he doesn't deserve it for his achievements though.

Some people. Whether it's a race thing or they just dont like him I dont know. He can be a dick I know. But so can Murray and I'm sure he gets less stick.

What do you think of sky letting channel 4 show it for free? I'm sure it was done as a publicity stunt. It's good PR. I doubt they did it to be nice. I'm  not that naive 

• Subscriber
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Some people. Whether it's a race thing or they just dont like him I dont know. He can be a dick I know. But so can Murray and I'm sure he gets less stick.

What do you think of sky letting channel 4 show it for free? I'm sure it was done as a publicity stunt. It's good PR. I doubt they did it to be nice. I'm  not that naive 

It's a massive occasion, should be free to view in my opinion.

Looking at the sector times so far this morning, it sounds like they all went straight out there and put in some fast laps. Verstappen has the edge in the third sector, Hamilton obviously in the 2nd and Horner described it as 'neutral' in the first. Hamilton will obviously put *that* engine back in for Saturday and I think that will tip the scales back in his favour. I do wonder if there's a tight margin on reliability though, if they've mapped the ICE for extra power and less longevity. It also seems as if this would potentially be a Red Bull track by quite a comfortable margin if they'd kept the old layout! Max did win here last year.

It's going to be close, which is good, but I still give the edge to Mercedes. At least we won't see that 4-5 tenths pole gap for Lewis I don't think.

3 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

It's a massive occasion, should be free to view in my opinion.

Looking at the sector times so far this morning, it sounds like they all went straight out there and put in some fast laps. Verstappen has the edge in the third sector, Hamilton obviously in the 2nd and Horner described it as 'neutral' in the first. Hamilton will obviously put *that* engine back in for Saturday and I think that will tip the scales back in his favour. I do wonder if there's a tight margin on reliability though, if they've mapped the ICE for extra power and less longevity. It also seems as if this would potentially be a Red Bull track by quite a comfortable margin if they'd kept the old layout! Max did win here last year.

It's going to be close, which is good, but I still give the edge to Mercedes. At least we won't see that 4-5 tenths pole gap for Lewis I don't think.

I dont watch it  normally I'm only watching this one because of the circumstances. I have  no idea what you are talking about 😂

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I dont watch it  normally I'm only watching this one because of the circumstances. I have  no idea what you are talking about 😂

Basically, Hamilton's main advantage is more engine power, it's pretty close in high-speed corner, but the Red Bull has better direction change so is better through twisty sections and slow corners. So Hamilton is stronger in sector two which is basically two long straights, but Verstappen is faster at the end of the lap which is a succession of 90 degree corners. The rest it's hard to tell. But Hamilton has a fresher engine which is more powerful that they're saving for qualifying and the race, so he'll have that in the car tomorrow, instead of the older, less powerful engine he's got in the car today.

3 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Basically, Hamilton's main advantage is more engine power, it's pretty close in high-speed corner, but the Red Bull has better direction change so is better through twisty sections and slow corners. So Hamilton is stronger in sector two which is basically two long straights, but Verstappen is faster at the end of the lap which is a succession of 90 degree corners. The rest it's hard to tell. But Hamilton has a fresher engine which is more powerful that they're saving for qualifying and the race, so he'll have that in the car tomorrow, instead of the older, less powerful engine he's got in the car today.

Right ok. I'm just gonna think of it as cars going really fast 😂

• Subscriber

Red Bull, Max and Honda all largely admitting that Mercedes have a pace advantage after Practice Two. Expectation management or mind games? Perhaps. But the timesheets back up what they're saying from the short runs at least. Max was more positive about their long run pace.

Hamilton still has the maxed out engine to throw in as well unless he was for some reason running it today. Red Bull turned things around at the US Grand Prix in similar circumstances but that's not how these things typically shake out. Uphill struggle for them and this isn't a track where he'll even be able to keep Lewis behind if he gets ahead via a good start, early pit stop or other stroke of luck. They will have to find some pace or the only thing standing between Lewis and number eight is some sort of reliability issue.

• Subscriber

Hamilton fastest in final practice. Verstappen put in a decent lap just 0.2s behind, it's within a margin that pole isn't a foregone conclusion. Drivers struggling to complete a full qualifying lap on the softs without overheating and a two stop race is expected. Some interesting factors at play.

43 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hamilton impeding Mazepin again. Bet Red Bull will be pressuring race control to give him that 3rd reprimand of the season :ph34r:

Masi about to make them an offer they can't refuse. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived