The better place to talk football.

Brentford 2-1 Watford - Friday 10th December, 2021

football forums

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Brentford_FC_crest.svg.png        VS      1200px-Watford.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
01/05/2021 - Brentford 2-0 Watford (Championship)
15/12/2020 - Watford 1-1 Brentford (Championship)
10/02/2015 - Brentford 1-2 Watford (Championship)

Recent Form
Brentford - DLWDL
Watford - LLLWL

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
42 minutes ago, shut up said:

Toney in my draft fantasy team, along with DLC

Dennis leading the line on his own for me.

DCL? 

He's been out for a good couple of months - how come you've not transferred him? 

27 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

How long is David Raya out for? If its longer than January could you recall one of the Goalkeepers out on loan? 

It’s about Jan or Feb and I don’t think they’ll be any better than Fernandez. One of our keepers on loan just got his own player sent off after diving when slightly struck in the face 

Terrible tactics from Ranieri, Watford just didn’t look in it after they scored. Commentator mentioned game management when they sat back but it had fuck all to do with that, they just didn’t have a scooby what to do and eventually got done over by a depleted BFC

That's worrying for Watford that they couldn't beat a depleted Brentford side.

Watford's defence in particular looked far too good for The Championship but this season it doesn't look good enough for The Premiership.

You fancy Burnley and Newcastle to move in to another gear in the second half of the season so you have to worry for them.

As for Brentford, it speaks volumes about there character that they didn't give up with ten minutes to spare and got the three points. It's victories like that which will ensure they'll stay up comfortably with 3+ games to spare this season.

39 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

That's worrying for Watford that they couldn't beat a depleted Brentford side.

Watford's defence in particular looked far too good for The Championship but this season it doesn't look good enough for The Premiership.

You fancy Burnley and Newcastle to move in to another gear in the second half of the season so you have to worry for them.

As for Brentford, it speaks volumes about there character that they didn't give up with ten minutes to spare and got the three points. It's victories like that which will ensure they'll stay up comfortably with 3+ games to spare this season.

I was expecting big things from Watford after the United game but they were so shit tonight. The goal from Dennis was a nice header but outside of that they done nothing. And then they just sat back and still done nothing. Then took a midfielder off for a forward and made it easier for us to play through them whilst still doing nothing.

The way in which we came back is a staple of Thomas Frank’s Brentford, we just don’t lie down. We don’t always win but we have the long term in hand and we keep going, which is why Fulham got relegated last season quite easily and we’ve come up and are already twice the team they were with less of the finances 

31 minutes ago, Danny said:

I was expecting big things from Watford after the United game but they were so shit tonight. The goal from Dennis was a nice header but outside of that they done nothing. And then they just sat back and still done nothing. Then took a midfielder off for a forward and made it easier for us to play through them whilst still doing nothing.

The way in which we came back is a staple of Thomas Frank’s Brentford, we just don’t lie down. We don’t always win but we have the long term in hand and we keep going, which is why Fulham got relegated last season quite easily and we’ve come up and are already twice the team they were with less of the finances 

While I see two paragraphs here, for some reason when I try to read this post all it seems to say is:

Brentford > Man Utd

• The title was changed to Brentford 2-1 Watford - Friday 10th December, 2021
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given whats happened since 2009 I hope you use this emoji every time somebody criticises Brentford.

Haha tbh the criticism is great, you don’t wanna be loved by everyone. Adds a bit of spice init.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived