• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 7-0 Leeds - Tuesday 14th December, 2021

football forums

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally embarrassing.

We have injuries to big players of course, but we caved too easily tonight. The manner in how we 'accepted' that defeat was extremely worrying.

I'm truly disgusted. Bielsa deserves heavy criticism for that but the players also need to shoulder the blame because we didn't do any of the things we had been getting right recently.

As bad as I have ever seen under Bielsa that. Terrible. I'm furious. I can accept defeat to a quality team but not in that way. That was cheap.

There has to be a giant response against Arsenal now.

The tight man-marking thing with a sweeper is risky but promising against teams of a similar quality that play with a normal front-line.

Against Man City, playing with a fluid front 4 or 5 of world class attacking mids, it's just suicide. Leeds had no discernible backline at any point in the game because they were just chasing De Bruyne, Grealish, Foden, Bernardo and Mahrez around without getting anywhere near them.

I think it must also be mentioned that we are playing Shackleton, Ayling, Roberts and Dan James out of position.

Imagine having Dan James up front. Wing is fine, but not up front.

That is on Bielsa if he wants to put square pegs in round holes.

Squad is ridiculously small and we're up against it. You can't get away with a bench of under 23's at this level.

Bielsa isn't infallible however, there is no one else I wouldn't want to get us out this position than Marcelo. He will bust a gut trying to find solutions to our problems.

• The title was changed to Man City 7-0 Leeds - Tuesday 14th December, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived