Brighton vs Aston Villa

Crystal Palace vs Burnley

Man Utd vs Watford

Tuesday 1st March, 2022
Burnley vs Leicester, 19.45

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we can keep the run going but expect it to be tough. Brentford are in the shit if they lose this so I reckon we'll see a performance from them.

For us, a win here would be another massive one. History tells me we won't do it, but maybe this is a new chapter.

Toney and Eriksen on the bench, seems like we’re finally changing formation as well. Expect to see the following:

Raya

Ajer - Jansson - Pinnock - Henry

Norgaard - Jensen

Dasilva —————————— Janelt

Mbeumo —— Wissa

• Administrator

Red card for Da Silva. 

Brentford a man down. Merson thinks it wasn't a red card and that common sense should apply with Mike Dean so I can't really tell who's right or wrong on the back of that xD

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Red card for Da Silva. 

Brentford a man down. Merson thinks it wasn't a red card and that common sense should apply with Mike Dean so I can't really tell who's right or wrong on the back of that xD

Mike Dean is right. It’s not malicious which I assume is what Merson is getting at. Dasilva has tried to shield the ball by putting his back in front of Targett, but as he’s done it he’s overstepped and trod on Targett’s shin. It’s reckless and a deserved a red regardless of the fact his only intention was to stand in front of Targett.

Really fucking annoying though, a very Brentford moment 

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Mike Dean is right. It’s not malicious which I assume is what Merson is getting at. Dasilva has tried to shield the ball by putting his back in front of Targett, but as he’s done it he’s overstepped and trod on Targett’s shin. It’s reckless and a deserved a red regardless of the fact his only intention was to stand in front of Targett.

Really fucking annoying though, a very Brentford moment 

Sounds like Perez vs West Ham at the start of the season. Pushed off balance, went to get the ball and studs went on the shin. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sounds like Perez vs West Ham at the start of the season. Pushed off balance, went to get the ball and studs went on the shin. 

Think it’s just a lack of sharpness from Dasilva tbh, bad luck and fortunate there’s no major injury to Targett

2-0 at half time, red card has changed the game, Newcastle didn’t really look up to much prior to it. Changes needed at half time, Toney and Eriksen need to get on so we can stop going fucking long to Mbeumo and Wissa who have a combined height of 3 foot 7

Good fun this so far, shame it's half time, could have been 3 or 4 nil.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

2-0 at half time, red card has changed the game, Newcastle didn’t really look up to much prior to it.

To be fair the red card was after only 10 minutes, but I agree, thought actually we started below our recent standards with the ball. We've grown with the red it's helped us turn that around. We've got a highly energetic team with the fitness that people like Joelinton and Fraser have under Howe that is a major benefit with a 1 man advantage. Chance for you to regroup now and plan to cope with that with 10 men and generate chances without playing into our hands.

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

Only in the Premier League can a team be dead and buried and then a fucking oil rich state just buys them out of relegation. Less and less need for a relegation and promotion system 

Rattled by a club signing Matt Targett and Dan Burn?

29 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Good fun this so far, shame it's half time, could have been 3 or 4 nil.

To be fair the red card was after only 10 minutes, but I agree, thought actually we started below our recent standards with the ball. We've grown with the red it's helped us turn that around. We've got a highly energetic team with the fitness that people like Joelinton and Fraser have under Howe that is a major benefit with a 1 man advantage. Chance for you to regroup now and plan to cope with that with 10 men and generate chances without playing into our hands.

I don’t think you win this if we’re at 11 men which is frustrating, especially once Toney and Eriksen come on. Almost feels pointless watching the fixture unfold but who knows what will happen (probably another Newcastle goal)

28 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Rattled by a club signing Matt Targett and Dan Burn?

No just rattled in general, but your takeover has had a considerable effect on your performances however you want to play it off.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

I don’t think you win this if we’re at 11 men which is frustrating, especially once Toney and Eriksen come on. Almost feels pointless watching the fixture unfold but who knows what will happen (probably another Newcastle goal)

No just rattled in general, but your takeover has had a considerable effect on your performances however you want to play it off.

so what? is nobody allowed to buy a club? and why do we deserve Mike Ashleys neglect over real owners with ambitions?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

so what? is nobody allowed to buy a club? and why do we deserve Mike Ashleys neglect over real owners with ambitions?

Weren't you saying the other day how money is ruining/has ruined the game? But if its your own club that's fine? 

1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I never said nobody isn’t and nor that you deserve Ashley so not sure what your point is, probs best just reading my initial post and deciding if you have a response to that

Archived