talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 27 Matches - 26th Feb - 1st March, 2022

football forum

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

I never said nobody isn’t and nor that you deserve Ashley so not sure what your point is, probs best just reading my initial post and deciding if you have a response to that

I understand your frustration, but that ďoesnt mean it's right to down talk us.   since the takeover and sacking Bruce the team is playing with a lot of self belief, also you have no shots on target

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I understand your frustration, but that ďoesnt mean it's right to down talk us.   since the takeover and sacking Bruce the team is playing with a lot of self belief, also you have no shots on target

I’m not talking you down, I’m just pointing out the ridiculousness of this league.

And yeah it’s difficult to score when you’re down to ten men and playing against 2 banks of 4 sat deep. Don’t actually care too much for the who would have won, just frustrating because I think fully fit we’re a better team and the red card has taken us out of the game.

Big win for Newcastle, ultimately they had to do very little after their first goal. Too many mistakes in their second goal and then just sat deep and saw the game out. Frustrating to watch, but still positives to take that can be implemented into our next game.

Main worry is there are a lot of “wait till this, wait till that’s” happening.

25 minutes ago, Danny said:

I’m not talking you down, I’m just pointing out the ridiculousness of this league.

And yeah it’s difficult to score when you’re down to ten men and playing against 2 banks of 4 sat deep. Don’t actually care too much for the who would have won, just frustrating because I think fully fit we’re a better team and the red card has taken us out of the game.

The league is mad,  a month ago we were 20 points behind Brighton,  if we beat them next week at home we are 6 behind.

We do have 4 straight away games after next week with Southampton, Everton, Chelsea and Spurs on the line up,   tough sure but you never really know and writing off anyone is a mistake. 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Honey Honey no worry of relegation for me for Newcastle now. Will probably get in the europa league next season 

In form at the minute. But some of the very in form players are the same lot who were total shite a few months ago. So it's hard to gauge how far they can go. If this form was to hold up we probably are only 1 or 2 signings further off a top 8 challenge under Howe given that Trippier, Saint Maximin and Wilson are still to come back and Bruno hasn't started a single game.

53 minutes ago, Stan said:

Newcastle only 2 pts behind us. 

Amazing what spending £100m (?) can do in January xD

It's got nothing to do with quantity at this point. I think people need to be careful of that correlation causation. 

£40m(?) of the spending hasn't started a single game. £25m of that has been below average, if we weren't winning we'd probably call him total shite.

In its simplest terms, Newcastle were in the bottom 3 not because they lacked quality but because of defensive errors which effectively eroded confidence under Howe and because of the tactical cluelessness of the Bruce period. Did you know since Bruce was sacked all that time ago the only shite side we've lost to is your lot. Not a sole else outside of the big clubs has been able to beat us in the league. 

What it took in the transfer market to turn defeats and draws into wins was a couple of solid defenders, first in Trippier then most recently in Burn and Targett who is a loan signing. Then moving Dunga, err, sorry, Joelinton into centre midfield and now we are a formidable side. The errors gone and the confidence flowed from there.

The form players like Willock, Fraser and Schar are entering now, the renewed confidence, the fitness, the running, the organisation has been nothing short of class.

I was incredibly critical of Willock earlier in the season but I salute the lad now.

I was very critical of Joelinton for a long time but he is our best player now.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

is it 90m spent or your poor form?

Bit of both. But the 90m you have spent certainly has played a part. 

No doubt in my mind you're not that close to us/that far away from relegation without the investment... 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

£13m Dan Burn, Matt Targett on loan and an out of form striker who can't hit a barn door for £25m and we've got people flapping that we are closing in on them. 

Has the quality of the Premier League dropped dramatically?

:ph34r:

Trippier bagging you goals and points before his injury? 

52 minutes ago, Stan said:

Trippier bagging you goals and points before his injury? 

Dan Burn and Trippier have only played in the same team for 45 minutes. Targett and Trippier for 90 minutes.

So what you are saying is the difference between Newcastle and everyone else in the league, since we are now 2nd in the form table, was just a £12m right back one week and a £13m centre back the next?:ph34r:

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Dan Burn and Trippier have only played in the same team for 45 minutes. Targett and Trippier for 90 minutes.

So what you are saying is the difference between Newcastle and everyone else in the league, since we are now 2nd in the form table, was just a £12m right back one week and a £13m centre back the next?:ph34r:

Yep, we're shit and you got money to be less shit :D

1 minute ago, Honey Honey said:

watched the game and Brentford were not in the game at all, even before Dasilva was sent off Raya was busy.   Wood should have done what Joey did going back across goal but it's only a matter of time before he finally breaks the watershed.

matty Targett may be worth signing perminantly he has played 3 solid games, you have to go back to 2011 Enrique to find our last good LB.

Bruno getting time just showed class and should have scored.  he does more than Shelvey ever could

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep, we're shit and you got money to be less shit :D

We bought some good defenders at reasonable prices. Not denying that is a contributing factor. However it is Eddie Howe and the form of players like Ryan Fraser, Fabian Schar, Dubravka, Joelinton and Joe Willock that has changed miraculously.

Were you one of the ones saying how great Bruno Guimares was? Brazilian international. He can't get in the team because of how well Shelvey and Willock are playing.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

We bought some good defenders at reasonable prices. Not denying that is a contributing factor. However it is Eddie Howe and the form of players like Ryan Fraser, Fabian Schar, Dubravka, Joelinton and Joe Willock that has changed miraculously.

Were you one of the ones saying how great Bruno Guimares was? Brazilian international. He can't get in the team because of how well Shelvey and Willock are playing.

I was one of those! He will come good and oust one of them... 

@Danny unfortunately I do worry for you guys. I don't want you to go down but Burnley have got out of it so many times before. I was surprised people were so certain they would go down when they had so many games in hand.  Newcastle wont go down I'm fairly certain of that. I think Watford and Norwich will so its between you, everton,Leeds  and Burnley for the last relegation spot for me. I think Everton will be ok they seem better under Lampard so hopefully Leeds go down and Brentford stay up. I think Burnley will get out of it. 

• Subscriber

I had a fantastic time at Randers last week, genuinely up there with the best trip I've done.

Going to Burnley later genuinely feels like returning to work. The holiday and the fun of winning a game under relative low pressure is over. Back to the grind where the set pieces and general defending make you want to gouge your own eyes out. I was too pissed to care at the performance in Denmark at the time but crikey, it looked even worse than I remembered.

A repeat here and we'll lose quite comfortably. Sadly, this Leicester side is the most prototype 'would lose at Turf Moor' Leicester side ever so I fully expect defeat.

30 minutes ago, Dan said:

I had a fantastic time at Randers last week, genuinely up there with the best trip I've done.

Going to Burnley later genuinely feels like returning to work. The holiday and the fun of winning a game under relative low pressure is over. Back to the grind where the set pieces and general defending make you want to gouge your own eyes out. I was too pissed to care at the performance in Denmark at the time but crikey, it looked even worse than I remembered.

A repeat here and we'll lose quite comfortably. Sadly, this Leicester side is the most prototype 'would lose at Turf Moor' Leicester side ever so I fully expect defeat.

I am banking on you guys to let a Ben Mee thunderbastard in from a corner. Could do with the FPL points.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived