talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Felix Magath new Hertha BSC coach

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I did say not so long ago that Hertha needed to sack Korkut and bring in someone more experienced. So I think that the appointment of 68 year old Magath is a positive move. He will no doubt make the Hertha players work extremely hard in training and he is unlikely to take any crap. I really do think that we will start to see better results from Hertha under Magath.

Another interesting piece of news about Hertha Berlin, is that Mark Fotheringham has been appointed assistant manager at Hertha. The Scotsman only retired as a player a couple of years ago and now has the challenge of helping Hertha Berlin's fortunes. Of course Fotheringham did play in the Bundesliga as a player for Freiburg in the 2005/2006 season, so he is somewhat familiar with German football. Other notable clubs that Fotheringham played for as a player are Celtic, Norwich City, Fulham and his home city club of Dundee.

37 minutes ago, Michael said:

Well, I did say not so long ago that Hertha needed to sack Korkut and bring in someone more experienced. So I think that the appointment of 68 year old Magath is a positive move. He will no doubt make the Hertha players work extremely hard in training and he is unlikely to take any crap. I really do think that we will start to see better results from Hertha under Magath.

Another interesting piece of news about Hertha Berlin, is that Mark Fotheringham has been appointed assistant manager at Hertha. The Scotsman only retired as a player a couple of years ago and now has the challenge of helping Hertha Berlin's fortunes. Of course Fotheringham did play in the Bundesliga as a player for Freiburg in the 2005/2006 season, so he is somewhat familiar with German football. Other notable clubs that Fotheringham played for as a player are Celtic, Norwich City, Fulham and his home city club of Dundee.

Might be wrong, but I'm under the impression Magath isn't suited to today's players. His appointement seems to me like the reintroduction of the cane in a time, when we stopped counting the goals at bambini age group, so none of the toddlers are sad.

• The title was changed to Felix Magath new Hertha BSC coach

Archived