Oldham vs Northampton
Stevenage vs Rochdale
Walsall vs Carlisle

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yes Luton! 

Quality win. Hard fought as well. Keeps a bit of a buffer between them and 7th.

Fulham win later and they're in the Premier League. 

14 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Our defence is an absolute disgrace. The first conceded was a shit back pass and basic communication 101, the second could have been cleared about 375957 times before Hull got a simple loose ball, played it into the box and scored with a first touch.

With all the experience leaving the club this summer I do worry for you guys next season. It seems a little similar to the Sheffield Wednesday situation where the young players coming through may not just be good enough to replace the expensive yet experienced players leaving.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

With all the experience leaving the club this summer I do worry for you guys next season. It seems a little similar to the Sheffield Wednesday situation where the young players coming through may not just be good enough to replace the expensive yet experienced players leaving.

Could go either way in all honesty.

A few of those leaving in the summer are not playing a lot at present and are on stupid wages, such as Pack, Vassell and Murphy, the latter of which is on loan anyhow. Ralls has been offered a new contract and Vaulks might be offered one as well, but nothing much more. It'll be a hell of a rebuild job.

On the flip side, we'd be getting a lot of high wages off the books and getting rid of players who are simply not worth keeping. It could give Morrison a good chance to build a  newish squad in his mould (which we are attempting to play a bit more on the floor than direct) rather than the years of McCarthy, Harris and Warnock. At the same time though, I read that Tan has instructed a wage cap of £12k a week going forward. Make of that what you will.

Secretly, I don’t think the Fulham fans will be TOO gutted about last night. They have Preston at home on Tuesday, which I think they will win, and then they can celebrate in front of the home crowd. 

42 minutes ago, Rick said:

Secretly, I don’t think the Fulham fans will be TOO gutted about last night. They have Preston at home on Tuesday, which I think they will win, and then they can celebrate in front of the home crowd. 

They know Tony Khan will get excited, buy eleven new toys for next season and they'll come straight back down again.

I know Fulham have smashed the league this season but away from Fabio Carvalho I don’t know where their star quality comes from other than signing a big player or two.

Leeds came up and spent £90m but they spent half of that on Raphinha, last time Fulham came up they bought a new starting 11 and binned off the players that got them up.

I could be wrong but I don’t see many players who are ready to make a big step up in their careers and I can only relate that back to us, but I don’t see young/mid 20s players with quality like Rico Henry, Ethan Pinnock, David Raya, Vitaly Janelt, Ivan Toney etc who are doing it at Champ level but have both the ability and physicality to play at a high level. These are players that from our perspective could make the step up easily to a top 10 side in the league and I’m not sure there’s a lot of those players in that Fulham team. So they may well have to use that £100m to bring in real step up quality, not to mention they’re led by Marco Silva who doesn’t have a great track record in the Prem.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived