talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Monaco GP - 27-29th May

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Both protests dismissed.

I'm glad. Imagine that's how Carlos Sainz would get his first win. That would have sucked for him a bit too. xD

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Didn't see the Perez one. Thought Max might have a case to answer but if it wasn't a big enough problem for them to have caught it during the race then it's rarely justified to go messing with the race result after the end based on a team's protest.

• Subscriber

So good from George. He's got lucky against Lewis a couple of times but has genuinely out qualified and raced him multiple times as well. And regardless of his team mate, this run of results in what has never been better than the 3rd fastest car is genuinely excellent.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

So good from George. He's got lucky against Lewis a couple of times but has genuinely out qualified and raced him multiple times as well. And regardless of his team mate, this run of results in what has never been better than the 3rd fastest car is genuinely excellent.

Yup, he's been incredible so far this season. Just a shame that Mercedes built a below-par car this season for their standards, but he's getting the most out of it. 

27 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah, he's had a few lucky moments, but when such a pattern emerges, it's more than just that.

I don't know how well-curated the on-boards are during the race, but Russell also seems very calm during races, thinking about strategy and just doing his thing, all the while Hamilton seems to just complain a lot. Genuinely curious who will have the upper hand near the end of the season.

14 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Yeah, he's had a few lucky moments, but when such a pattern emerges, it's more than just that.

I don't know how well-curated the on-boards are during the race, but Russell also seems very calm during races, thinking about strategy and just doing his thing, all the while Hamilton seems to just complain a lot. Genuinely curious who will have the upper hand near the end of the season.

I think it has a lot to do with where they're coming from. Hamilton is used to having the best car for years. Russell comes from driving a shitbox for years. So Lewis complains because he's not used to driving a bad car, whereas Russell is just grateful not to be in a Williams anymore. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I think it has a lot to do with where they're coming from. Hamilton is used to having the best car for years. Russell comes from driving a shitbox for years. So Lewis complains because he's not used to driving a bad car, whereas Russell is just grateful not to be in a Williams anymore. 

There's that, but even within that context I'm getting increasingly annoyed by the 'that should be investigated' or 'that's some dangerous driving' type comments whenever someone has the audacity to actually race him.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived