talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

Red Bull Formula 1 team boss Christian Horner has chastised Dan Ticktum for "engaging mouth before brain" after the young driver's comments on European F3 title rival Mick Schumacher's recent form.

Ticktum, who is part of the Red Bull Junior Team, has featured right at the sharp end of the F3 championship battle all throughout his rookie season but looks set to miss out on the title to Schumacher.

The German racer, son of seven-time F1 champion Michael, was eighth in the standings halfway into the campaign, but a remarkable turnaround in performances – which included five wins in the last six races – has left him 39 points clear of Ticktum ahead of the final round.

The Red Bull protege caused a stir on social media earlier this week by questioning the “interesting” improvements from Schumacher and his Ferrari-backed Prema teammate Robert Shwartzman, and suggesting that he was losing the F3 title because his “last name is not Schumacher”.

Asked about Ticktum on Friday during the Russian Grand Prix weekend, Horner told Sky Sports: “He's a character, he sometimes engages mouth before brain.

“He's a talented driver, but you know, he's got more development to do before he's anywhere near Formula 1 level.

“He's fast, but he just needs to polish off a few rough edges.”

Red Bull is yet to firm up the 2019 line-up of its F1 B-team Toro Rosso, and its motorsport advisor Helmut Marko had told Motorsport.com earlier this year that Ticktum would be ready for an F1 shot next season.

However, even if the 19-year-old pulls off an upset in the Hockenheim F3 finale and snatches the title, he would not pass the 40-point threshold required for an F1 superlicence.

Schumacher, on the contrary, is already assured of qualifying for a superlicence, and F1 teams have been credited with an interest in the German, although he is widely expected to remain on the junior ladder next year with a switch to Formula 2.

“In Formula 3 Mick Schumacher is doing a great job,” Horner said when queried about him by Sky.

“He's been particularly dominant, they've obviously got it together the second half of the season, and he's been the man to beat.”

Podium: Race winner Mick Schumacher, PREMA Theodore Racing Dallara F317 - Mercedes-Benz

Podium: Race winner Mick Schumacher, PREMA Theodore Racing Dallara F317 - Mercedes-Benz

Photo by: FIA F3 / Suer

Wonder how Ticktum reacts to these comments now. Will he accuse Horner of being a nobody and will his girlfriend question his dick size?... xD:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
9 hours ago, Tommy said:

P2 for races 2 and 3 though! 

Yes, and Ticktum well behind in P15 and P10 respectively... Mick's got it under control, pleaaaaaase don't screw it up. I'm so nervous haha! Race 1 starts in 15 minutes... Mick needs to get 6 points and to outscore Ticktum to clinch the title in Race 1 already!

• Subscriber

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get in! Well deserved, amazing run! We've got a Schumacher champion again and I'm so happy he's proven all the critics wrong!

Must admit I even shed a tear of joy :D 

DpZlIdDU4AYR8lM.jpg

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

https://www.fia.com/news/world-class-capacity-grid-confirmed-fia-f3-world-cup

Sophia Flörsch and Mick Schumacher will take part at the F3 World Cup in Macau :banana:

One of the best races on the racing calendar, brilliant circuit.

Have you seen Macau GP last year? It was amazing xD Habsburg overtook Sette Camara just before the last turn of the last lap, and then they both crashed into the wall allowing Ticktum to take the win from 3rd xD 

3 hours ago, nudge said:

One of the best races on the racing calendar, brilliant circuit.

Have you seen Macau GP last year? It was amazing xD Habsburg overtook Sette Camara just before the last turn of the last lap, and then they both crashed into the wall allowing Ticktum to take the win from 3rd xD 

Nope, I haven't. The only time I see Macau is when someone posts something crazy on youtube :D So I am aware of the circuit. I'll try to watch that World Cup race though. 

Had a look at the drivers list again. 

https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/yoshiaki-katayama/

Anyone knows if he's related to Ukyo Katayama? :O

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nope, I haven't. The only time I see Macau is when someone posts something crazy on youtube :D So I am aware of the circuit. I'll try to watch that World Cup race though. 

Had a look at the drivers list again. 

https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/yoshiaki-katayama/

Anyone knows if he's related to Ukyo Katayama? :O

Then do yourself a favour and watch this: 

It's epic xD 

And then watch this:

xD 

As for Katayamas - I don't think they're related. I watch Super GT regularly, and Ukyo has his own team there which won last championship as well, but they have never mentioned any of his family racing in F3...

• Upvote 1

Holy shit, did they analyze that crash afterwards? I guess they did just both brake too late in the heat of the moment?

And in the 2nd video, it really made me laugh when the door of the #11 car just flew off when the driver opened it xD

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Holy shit, did they analyze that crash afterwards? I guess they did just both brake too late in the heat of the moment?

And in the 2nd video, it really made me laugh when the door of the #11 car just flew off when the driver opened it xD

xD I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it happening, only 4 cars made it to the pits, the rest were stuck in that pileup xD That circuit is not suitable for modern GT cars to be fair... they are way too wide. Still fun to watch though xD 

As for the F3 crash: nah I don't think they really investigated it; both drivers went too fast into the corner and lost control under breaking... Imagine how heartbreaking it must have been haha. Habsburg was actually crying.

• Upvote 1

I can't stop watching that Sette Camara - Habsburg battle, and that last corner. Jesus Christ what a gutting moment that must have been for both of them. 

Oh and Habsburg's full name is Ferdinand Zvonimir Maria Balthus Keith Michael Otto Antal Bahnam Leonhard von Habsburg-Lothringen btw xD

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Tommy said:

I can't stop watching that Sette Camara - Habsburg battle, and that last corner. Jesus Christ what a gutting moment that must have been for both of them. 

Oh and Habsburg's full name is Ferdinand Zvonimir Maria Balthus Keith Michael Otto Antal Bahnam Leonhard von Habsburg-Lothringen btw xD

Also known as His Imperial and Royal Highness, Ferdinand Zvonimir von Habsburg-Lothringen, Archduke of Austria, Crown Prince of Hungary, Bohemia and Croatia B|

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Just a reminder - Macao Grand Prix in Guia Circuit will be taking place this weekend!

Entry list for F3 World Cup:

Team Fahrer
Prema Powerteam

Germany Mick Schumacher

Estonia Ralf Aron

New Zealand Marcus Armstrong

Russian Federation Robert Shwartzman

China Guan Yu Zhou

Motopark

United Kingdom Dan Ticktum

Sweden Joel Eriksson

Estonia Juri Vips

Austria Ferdinand Habsburg

Japan Marino Sato

Carlin

United Kingdom Callum Ilott

France Sacha Fenestraz

India Jehan Daruvala

Japan Yoshiaki Katayama  

Hitech GP

United Kingdom Enaam Ahmed

United Kingdom Jake Hughes

Macau Charles Leong

Van Amersfoort Racing

Germany Keyvan Andres

Germany Sophia Floersch

Denmark Frederik Vesti

TOM'S

Japan Sho Tsuboi

Japan Ritomo Miyata

B-Max Racing Japan DRAGON
Toda Racing

Japan Toshiki Oyu     

Japan Sena Sakaguchi   

ThreeBond Racing Japan Ukyo Sasahara

Session Times (local)

Thursday - 15/11/2017

09:55-10:35: Free Practice 1
14:20-15:00: Qualifying 1

Friday - 16/11/2017

10:30-12:10: Free Practice 2
15:10-15:50: Qualifying 2

Saturday - 17/11/2017

09:00-10:00: Qualification Race (10 laps) - 61.200 km (38.028 mi) / 60 Minutes Max

Sunday - 18/11/2017

15:30–16:30: Macau Grand Prix (15 laps) - 91.800 km (57.042 mi) / 60 Minutes Max

• Subscriber
On 14/11/2018 at 05:42, RandoEFC said:

How did I not know that Ticktum was British? xD

He's got pole in Qualifying 1 which had three red flags and many of the drivers failed to show good times after getting stuck in traffic. Callum Ilott P2. Mick Schumacher P3.

@Tommy: Sophia Flörsch at P15; well ahead her teammates! 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Not a great qualifying for Mick... Two costly mistakes in second session today and a combined P9 for the qualifying race tomorrow... Expect a lot of accidents so it's unpredictable anyway. Credit to Ticktum; he did what he had to do and has a deserved pole. 

• Subscriber

So the results of the qualifying race see Ticktum in P1 for the main race tomorrow, with Eriksson and Ilott behind him. Mick managed to climb to P6. Let's see what the race brings tomorrow; it's always good for some drama. At any case, it looks like Motopark look good on the track with Prema being slightly disappointing.

The best part of the quali race was how they sent the safety car because there was a dog on track :D 

• The topic was pinned