talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Tommy said:

:35_thinking:

Yeah, so annoying. Poor start by Mick, recovered one position well, and then got a puncture after crashing with his teammate  :dam:Ralf Aron out too, bad day for Prema... Floersch P17. 

I must say though that those F3 cars sound much better than F1 ones xD 

• 2 weeks later...
How good of a motorcycle that Ducati has become. I'm shocked.

And good to see #26 finish a position better than where he was expected. (7th, vs his always finish 8th)

Also, I'm perplexed by JLo and his ability to win the race on the soft front + rear. In fucking 50 degrees. 
Edited by AMG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Mick has been on fire ever since getting his first pole...Victories in Spa and Silverstone, and now the next pole and a win in Misano! He seems to be a bit of a late bloomer, but now he's finally starting to show his true potential! Rising to 4th in driver championship too, good stuff.

• Subscriber

P5 for Mick after starting from 8th! Rain and a lot of action, that was a great race. Mick vs Ticktum and Vips v Habsburg just two examples of some great wheel-to-wheel racing, the championship fight is great this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Mick's still on fire! Won two out of two races in Nürburgring this weekend, and will start the third one on pole too. Second in driver championship, just 16 points behind Ticktum and could overtake him too if things go his way. 7 races to go!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Jesus, Mick's tearing F3 apart at the moment. 

Told you he's class B| He finally learned to do well in qualifying, his race pace has always been good, and he's in top form ever since his first pole at Spa! Hopefully more to come!

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Told you he's class B| He finally learned to do well in qualifying, his race pace has always been good, and he's in top form ever since his first pole at Spa! Hopefully more to come!

I had my doubts early on, and for that I apologize, and hope there is still a seat on the hype train for me! :D

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Aaaand that's three out of three for Mick! :D Brilliant weekend and only 3 points behind Ticktum now!

Today I read the headline "There's a Schumacher dominating race weekends again", and it gave me goosebumps :D

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Today I read the headline "There's a Schumacher dominating race weekends again", and it gave me goosebumps :D

Yes...  seeing a red car with a Schumacher in it upfront dominating throughout the weekend tends to do the same :D Sabine Kehm was in the garage as well, all smiling and happy with the win (she's Mick's manager too), and then Jean Todt was there too as he handed the trophy to Mick, it seriously messed my brain for a while, haha. 

Seriously though, I hope people (and media especially) won't put too much pressure on him, won't rush him and let him develop further at his own pace. So far, he was able to keep a cool head and that helped him immensely. I am very interested to see where he drives next season. 

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

What I find ridiculous is that he only got 2 races ban for it... Should not be allowed anywhere near a race track for at least 10 years. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, nudge said:

What I find ridiculous is that he only got 2 races ban for it... Should not be allowed anywhere near a race track for at least 10 years. 

Got a bit of a history by all accounts... bloke seems a right annoying fucker, surprised someone hasn't decked the twat... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-6150521/A-look-chequered-past-Fenati-shocked-world-pulling-rivals-brakes.html

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Got a bit of a history by all accounts... bloke seems a right annoying fucker, surprised someone hasn't decked the twat... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-6150521/A-look-chequered-past-Fenati-shocked-world-pulling-rivals-brakes.html

Yeah he's a moron... He was on Valentino Rossi's Moto3 team in the past, they sacked him due to his behaviour too. No place in sports for such people. I'm hearing that he's been also sacked by his current team and the new one for the next season too. Good news.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Yeah he's a moron... He was on Valentino Rossi's Moto3 team in the past, they sacked him due to his behaviour too. No place in sports for such people. I'm hearing that he's been also sacked by his current team and the new one for the next season too. Good news.

Good... deserved for that behavior...  

Fenati was banned for two races by MotoGP and has now had his contract with the Marinelli Snipers Team terminated. In a statement, the team said Fenati’s ‘irresponsible act endangered the life of another rider’. ‘The Marinelli Snipers Team shall terminate the contract with the rider Romano Fenati, from now on, for his unsporting, dangerous and damaging conduct for the image of all,’ the statement read.

‘With extreme regret, we have to note that his irresponsible act endangered the life of another rider and can’t be apologised for in any way. ‘The rider, from this moment, will not participate in any more races with the Marinelli Snipers team. ‘The team, Marinelli Cucine, Rivacold and all the other sponsors and the people that always supported him, apologised to all the World Championship fans.’

Good riddance... 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was pinned