talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'm sadly done with the "sport" now. The biggest form of corruption I've ever seen. Imagine if that would have happened to someone at the back of the field? No, because it's poster boy he can do what he wants. 

Just gutted that Rossi didn't smack the cunt into the pits when he went to apologise. Absolute fucking wanker.

Gotta love it how Rossi's garage told MM to fuck off though xD 

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Gotta love it how Rossi's garage told MM to fuck off though xD 

I love Márquez as many know here but that's just not on and no excuse for what he done. But I will say something which is that the reaction to when Rossi did it to Márquez wasn't the same by many and that's also not on. In my case I don't give a damn and I hope they hit Marc for more than just today's points... But the difference in reactions does kind of create an aura for what subsequently come along in the future.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I love Márquez as many know here but that's just not on and no excuse for what he done. But I will say something which is that the reaction to when Rossi did it to Márquez wasn't the same by many and that's also not on. In my case I don't give a damn and I hope they hit Marc for more than just today's points... But the difference in reactions does kind of create an aura for what subsequently come along in the future.

It also probably has something to do with Rossi not really being known as a reckless dirty rider in general.

43 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Rossi hit one rider, Marc hit two AND drove the wrong way after stalling at race start. 

The two incidents can't be compared.

39 minutes ago, nudge said:

It also probably has something to do with Rossi not really being known as a reckless dirty rider in general.

True, but dirty tactics are dirty tactics and there's no abacus meter to merit them guys.  I really don't see Márquez as being more dirty or having a more dirty reputation than anyone else. But maybe I'm being biased, although I can't recount serious situations other than two which concern both Rossi and Márquez who have had a feud since Rossi had ghosts possess his head and start believing Márquez wanted Lorenzo to win the World Championship.

Just now, Cannabis said:

You are mate. 

Maybe, but I also think your dislike for Márquez has led you to feel the way you do today mate.  I understand these things because I suffer from them too and mostly in football though because it's obvious how I react with Real Madrid. The reason I stopped posting back in the day in the other forum on the F1 thread was due to everyone forgetting what the sport was actually about and going all out for their own driver and not seeing when their own commits exactly the same dodgy things the other does.

• Subscriber

For me, Márquez (yes, put the accent there for you xD ) is too reckless and too dangerous with his all-or-nothing mentality at times. There's being fierce and aggressive (you have to be if you want to win), and then there's taking it over the top - and he does it often, and did in lower classes already. Can be a loose cannon at times and put others in danger, somewhat similar to how Simoncelli was (RIP).

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

For me, Márquez (yes, put the accent there for you xD ) is too reckless and too dangerous with his all-or-nothing mentality at times. There's being fierce and aggressive (you have to be if you want to win), and then there's taking it over the top - and he does it often, and did in lower classes already. Can be a loose cannon at times and put others in danger, somewhat similar to how Simoncelli was (RIP).

Totally agree with everything in that and that's something I throw at him too as there have also been other people in the Motorsport world with the same issues. It's something he has to sort out because that's not the way to go and under that criticism I agree. But that's not being dirty!  He was dirty today though and why I said I hope he is punished accordingly.

Thanks for the accent xD;)

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

So now that Porsche are not competing in WEC's LMP1 category anymore, they decided to do some fun stuff with their three-time Le Mans and 6 times WEC title winning prototype car in a spectacular "what if" scenario to give it a proper send-off before retiring it completely, and sent Neel Jani to do a test lap on Spa with it. The result -  a new unofficial circuit record of 1:41.7, but apparently their goal is 1:36, and they are planning to do the same on other classic circuits too. Next up is a demo lap on the Nordschleife next month just before 24 hours of Nürburgring, I wonder if they are going to beat Stefan Bellof's record too :o They went completely bonkers on the car and basically freed it of all fuel- and aero-restricting technical regulations (free fuel flow, larger front diffuser and larger rear wing with DRS, modified floor and added side skirts for more ground effect) so the 919 Evo is now lighter (849 kg, so 39 kg less), more powerful (720hp + 440hp from the hybrid system instead of previous 500hp + 400hp), and the downforce and grip level is just enormous (53% higher than previously, and higher than that of an F1 car), and even then it doesn't fully exploit its technical potential. Just take a look at the lap record video, the way it climbs up Eau Rouge/Raidillon is just unbelievable and the cornering speeds are incredible! This is so cool... I want Group C back...

• Subscriber

:x Wow, what a talented girl. To think that someone her age races open wheel cars is already jaw dropping, but she also holds a FIA Formula 4 lap record at Okayama, and that's at 12 years old!!! Unbelievable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

FINALLY - WEC Super Season is ON!

Calendrier%202018-2019%20V3.jpg

Starting with 6h of Spa this weekend already. Best racing, best circuit, can't wait :x And then 24h of Le Mans next month, hnnnggggg.

58 minutes ago, nudge said:

FINALLY - WEC Super Season is ON!

Calendrier%202018-2019%20V3.jpg

Starting with 6h of Spa this weekend already. Best racing, best circuit, can't wait :x And then 24h of Le Mans next month, hnnnggggg.

As far as I know Toyota is the only factory team in LMP1. Do the rules still prevent 6-cyl engines from being competitive in GT?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

As far as I know Toyota is the only factory team in LMP1. Do the rules still prevent 6-cyl engines from being competitive in GT?

Yes, Toyota is the only works team in LMP1, and the only hybrid too, so they'll have restrictions on fuel flow etc to allow the privateers who joined LMP1 to compete. We have a very nice grid of 10 cars in LMP1 for Spa, so while Toyota should technically have it easy, they'll probably still manage to fuck it up, especially at Le Mans haha. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Rebellion Racing now that Porsche is gone...

As for GTE, can you elaborate? I wouldn't say V6 is not really competitive; while Ferrari got the overall title last year with their V8 car, it was very tight until the very end, and both Ford and Porsche with their 6 cylinder engines finished above Aston Martin V8 in final standings... In this year's prologue, Ford and Porsche were well ahead of the other manufacturers, and interestingly enough, even Dempsey-Proton and Gulf Racing (both Porsche customer) in Am class outpaced the Pro class Ferraris,  Astons, and BMWs, but that's of course hard to judge due to potential sandbagging... To be fair, I haven't really read this year's regs yet, but I don't think they changed much from last year in terms of Balance of Performance.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, Toyota is the only works team in LMP1, and the only hybrid too, so they'll have restrictions on fuel flow etc to allow the privateers who joined LMP1 to compete. We have a very nice grid of 10 cars in LMP1 for Spa, so while Toyota should technically have it easy, they'll probably still manage to fuck it up, especially at Le Mans haha. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Rebellion Racing now that Porsche is gone...

As for GTE, can you elaborate? I wouldn't say V6 is not really competitive; while Ferrari got the overall title last year with their V8 car, it was very tight until the very end, and both Ford and Porsche with their 6 cylinder engines finished above Aston Martin V8 in final standings... In this year's prologue, Ford and Porsche were well ahead of the other manufacturers, and interestingly enough, even Dempsey-Proton and Gulf Racing (both Porsche customer) in Am class outpaced the Pro class Ferraris,  Astons, and BMWs, but that's of course hard to judge due to potential sandbagging... To be fair, I haven't really read this year's regs yet, but I don't think they changed much from last year in terms of Balance of Performance.

I have not been following WEC or even Le Mans for quite some while, but when I still did I found out that Audi successfully lobbied for mandatory pitstops every N laps. The 911s would have been able to stay out one or two laps longer depending on the race track, but with this idiotic and corrupt rule in place Porsche had no chance, because a V6 does obviously have an significant  torque disadvantage inside the relevant speed interval between 90 kph and 250 kph compared to Audis V10.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

I have not been following WEC or even Le Mans for quite some while, but when I still did I found out that Audi successfully lobbied for mandatory pitstops every N laps. The 911s would have been able to stay out one or two laps longer depending on the race track, but with this idiotic and corrupt rule in place Porsche had no chance, because a V6 does obviously have an significant  torque disadvantage inside the relevant speed interval between 90 kph and 250 kph compared to Audis V10.

There are no mandatory pit stops, so other than refueling, tyre changes and potential repairs if they're unlucky, the only thing that the teams have to take into account is the allowed minimum and maximum driving times per single driver. 

I know they still do mandatory pit stops in some GT3 and GT4 series though, such as Blancpain for example, where there are two mandatory pit stops, or even ADAC GT Masters, where they have a mandatory pit window each race.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Glad that he's OK but jeez, that could have been so much worse.

Well, two broken legs probably means he's a little bit less than OK haha, but yeah, I get your point :P Could indeed ended much worse... I watched the quali live and somehow didn't think he got hurt, then saw him being stretchered away and put into the ambulance... Hope he has a full and fast recovery. Eau Rouge is brutal if you lose control of your car.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah, not the best condition but at least he can recover from it and get back racing :). It's why Eau Rogue is such a well loved "turn", literally on the edge.

Very true, and for me, the most iconic one too...well the whole Spa circuit is... so exciting, dangerous, and so unforgiving. Here's how it looked back in the 60s: 

nV7vvfoMua5qsrJzBjuYdWiFl4TGIaQUcvcRwFsY

How's that for safety, haha. Unbelievable. Racing drivers back then really must have had massive balls of steel.

https://www.fiawec.com/en/race/result/4590

Doesn't look like GTE is well balanced.

Ford's prototype that was somehow allowed to race in GTE is about half a second faster than the 2nd fastest car. 

@nudge Unless you can somehow demonstrate how a 4l 6cyl boxer engined car can stay out for at least one lap longer than a 3.6l turbo V6 engined car with a more efficient aero package, I don't see how this race can be anything but a borefest. Only Fortuna can provide some fun.

Edited by BartraPique1932

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

https://www.fiawec.com/en/race/result/4590

Doesn't look like GTE is well balanced.

Ford's prototype that was somehow allowed to race in GTE is about half a second faster than the 2nd fastest car. 

@nudge Unless you can somehow demonstrate how a 4l 6cyl boxer engined car can stay out for at least one lap longer than 3.6l turbo V6 car with a more efficient aero package, I don't see how this race can be anything but a borefest. Only Fortuna can provide some fun.

Yes, the gaps in yesterday quali were surprisingly big, overall. Ford and Porsche are still pretty close, but I was surprised to see Ferrari so slow though, especially considering they won the whole thing last year; however, it looks like they are struggling with tyre wear, and they also lost some downforce advantage of their new Evo kit due to BoP, so I wouldn't expect them to be in their best form until later in the year. BMW and Aston Martin are most likely struggling with their new cars and are definitely off the pace. The initial BoP definitely has issues, but it's not surprising considering it's the first race of the season, and it will be adjusted as the season progresses.

Pretty much none of the WEC races I've watched has been a borefest, haha. There's usually so much racing action on track between all four classes, it's Spa, and it's a 6 hour race, so a single lap pace doesn't really mean that much, there's always a reliability factor as well, and pretty much anything can happen... 

Also, I've been waiting for the new season for months, so don't piss on my parade now :D 

• The topic was pinned