talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Pre-ordered Detroit: Become Human today. From the leak reviews its supposed to be better than Heavy Rain and Beyond:Two Souls which isn't hard to believe considering the pedigree Quantic Dream have in this arena. The first game Heavy Rain is still one of the most memorable story-driven games I have ever played.

Finished Yakuza Kiwami and just finishing some side quests and the like now. As for afterwards, I could play Sleeping Dogs again after buying it on the PS Store for cheap recently, but also have the likes of Doom, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of Mordor, Mario & Rabbids and Zelda on the back burner.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Finished Yakuza Kiwami and just finishing some side quests and the like now. As for afterwards, I could play Sleeping Dogs again after buying it on the PS Store for cheap recently, but also have the likes of Doom, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of Mordor, Mario & Rabbids and Zelda on the back burner.

Thats a tasty backlog

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

These are just the ones I haven't played yet. You can add Alien Isolation (which I got to a point on that one) as well as a fair amount of downloads like the Metro games and Football Manager 2018 Touch on Switch as well.

I've been jostling with trying an MMORPG again but after Divinity and the amount of hours I burned there I think I am sorted for 2018. Since you like platformers I'd recommend Hollow Knight if you haven't already played it. Simple and a very fun game to play. Or Dead Cells which is more Castlevania (2D) oriented.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I've been jostling with trying an MMORPG again but after Divinity and the amount of hours I burned there I think I am sorted for 2018. Since you like platformers I'd recommend Hollow Knight if you haven't already played it. Simple and a very fun game to play. Or Dead Cells which is more Castlevania (2D) oriented.

I might give that a look at some point. Cheers for the suggestion. 

I've quite liked the look of his mate Shovel Knight as well, but never bought it.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I might give that a look at some point. Cheers for the suggestion. 

I've quite liked the look of his mate Shovel Knight as well, but never bought it.

I played Shovel Knight a while ago on the PC and it was great. Haven't really tried the Switch version but I'd imagine based on the mechanics that it would be pretty good. Another game I thought was good this year was "Pit People". Give it a look, the narrative is quite hilarious and its turn-based strategy. Phew I could go on, I play too many games when I am travelling.

8 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

To give you an idea, I have over 300 moons. I'm not even halfway.

I like when games leave a bit to do after the end bit but it seems to be a metric ton here...

I'm just touched down and am fluffin around in the mushroom world trippin on all the mario 64 nostalgia! Think i peed a little when i fist stepped inside that castle as the familiar music kicked in...

I just bought donkey kong country tropical freeze as my next game but am also contemplating the Zelda expansion packs. 

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Harry said:

I like when games leave a bit to do after the end bit but it seems to be a metric ton here...

I'm just touched down and am fluffin around in the mushroom world trippin on all the mario 64 nostalgia! Think i peed a little when i fist stepped inside that castle as the familiar music kicked in...

I just bought donkey kong country tropical freeze as my next game but am also contemplating the Zelda expansion packs. 

I got to about 411 moons and then stopped because other games came out but the ability to revisit worlds and just do runs is quite fun. Plus they packed so much into it anyways it keeps you busy for days.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I got to about 411 moons and then stopped because other games came out but the ability to revisit worlds and just do runs is quite fun. Plus they packed so much into it anyways it keeps you busy for days.

I have so much time for the way Nintendo make games. Always so expansive and sure to keep you busy for a good few weeks

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 03:50, Harry said:

Super Mario Oddysey on switch. Top notch. 

I got this shortly after buying a switch... but I've barely played it at all. I've barely played the switch at all tbh, which is a shame.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I got this shortly after buying a switch... but I've barely played it at all. I've barely played the switch at all tbh, which is a shame.

All the time you'll have to wait while the grill gets prepped, meat seasoned, cook time. Surely, you can put a little Switch time in there.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mel81x said:

All the time you'll have to wait while the grill gets prepped, meat seasoned, cook time. Surely, you can put a little Switch time in there.

True, although playing while seasoning seems like it'd be tough.

I don't know why I don't play it more when I'm traveling for work... or when I'm sitting on the toilet lol. Zelda was quality too, I'm not sure why I stopped playing despite enjoying the little I did play of Mario.

I did just see that there was a new Fallout teaser trailer for a game called Fallout: 78. I fucking love the Fallout series, even if 4 was nowhere as good as New Vegas. So I'm excited.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

True, although playing while seasoning seems like it'd be tough.

I don't know why I don't play it more when I'm traveling for work... or when I'm sitting on the toilet lol. Zelda was quality too, I'm not sure why I stopped playing despite enjoying the little I did play of Mario.

I did just see that there was a new Fallout teaser trailer for a game called Fallout: 78. I fucking love the Fallout series, even if 4 was nowhere as good as New Vegas. So I'm excited.

I just finished playing Bayonetta 2 on the Switch and it was fantastic.

As for the new Fallout theres  a thread on here about it and from the looks of it Bethesda could have a rocking E3 if they do it right. New Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Doom 2. But we shall see.

Has anyone played any of State of Decay 2? I played a bit last night with a friend after getting past the part you have to do on your own (which is very short), we ended up fucking up his community and I think he'll have to make a new one xD but it's a very good game. It definitely seems more geared towards co-op than solo, play... but considering the last Xbox Exclusive I got from gamepass (Sea of Thieves) was severely lacking in content, this game has a cheaper price for those who aren't on game pass and it seems like while a lot of the content is repetitive... there's much more to do than in Sea of Thieves.

I've been enjoying it.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Are you still playing SOT @Dr. Gonzo? I sacked it off ages ago, but you seemed to really get into it?

I haven't played in over a month. I was pretty into it because it was a hell of a lot of fun playing with in a group with people I knew, but as the game got older (and sadly, not much older) it got more and more stale. Because it's the same fetch quests over and over, and while fucking with people in that game is hands down the greatest part of the game... doing stuff worth doing was just very time consuming. And if one of my regular crew wasn't able to play, that'd make it more and more difficult.

That game has/had so much potential. It's a great sandbox. But a sandbox without enough toys in it gets old pretty quickly. The new updates to that game have looked so disappointing as well.

I've actually not played a whole lot lately, I've had a few business trips and playing guitar is more important to me  - so if I've got a choice between playing guitar or playing video games, the guitar usually wins out unless I'm too drunk and my rhythm is shite. And lately my free time has been very fucking limited, so guitar has won out over video games. I've only played a bit of video games in the last 3 weeks, I think I played 2 matches of Rocket League with randoms, a round of PUBG with a few friends (got a chicken dinner in that one round though, so that was nice), and then we played some State of Decay 2 last night.

Hopefully soon I'll get more time for gaming again though. But I don't think I'll be playing too much SoT unless they have a truly massive update that adds some content that I'd actually be interested in.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I was the same. I got one for Christmas and only played it occasionally. Main reason I'm out of the habit of gamng and dingy think to pull it out. 

My wife's away right now so instead of chucking pin netflix at night I'm firing up the switch. 

Also taking it on the train to and from work which is useful if you can get a seat....

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Also taking it on the train to and from work which is useful if you can get a seat....

I did that for a week while I had to get my car fixed. It was fine other than the fact that the public transit here is absolute dogshite and I was late to work every single fucking day and there's no convenient train time for when I'd get off work so I'd be stuck waiting around the platform for hours or stuck doing extra work (and I don't get overtime or anything, so being sat there at my desk for no reason is irritating).

The concept of the switch is brilliant though. It's not the device's fault I haven't used it more. I'm an idiot for forgetting to bring it on my last few trips for work.

• Subscriber

When I initially owned the Switch it was more around the house playing because it was rather convenient. Got time to kill before work, put about 30min to an hour in if possible. Then I learned of its power potential on flights and long work trips. Since then, its been nestled in my carry-on and it spends more time there than on the dock which is gathering dust. I have probably only hooked it up to my TV about four times in total and all of those times were to play Bomberman with friends.

I think its a stellar device which is gaining a lot of steam in the dev community. I just want that new Metroid to come soon and a new Castlevania. Rumors were going around that someone at THQ Nordic contemplated bringing Darksiders to the console. I'd be very happy if they tried that. I mean they brought Doom over, anything is possible.