talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Brazilian GP - 11-13th November, 2022

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

it's a bad look for Perez when his teammate has a collision, falls back behind everyone and gets 5s penalty, and still finishes ahead of him...

Not really fair in my opinion. Perez was the only front runner left out on the mediums and the safety car allowed all the soft runners to close up to him. That's F1 nowadays. You can lose five front wings and still finish in the top six if there's enough safety cars and the DRS is strong enough to let you drive past all the slower cars that you've ended up behind through mistakes as if they don't exist.

It's a dick move from Max. Ignoring team orders when you've already won the Drivers' Championship and when you were originally let past your team mate in the first place because he was given a team order and he followed it.

Not to play the Max vs Lewis fanboy game because I fall a long way outside of either of those camps, but I remember Hamilton letting Bottas back through in a similar scenario on the last lap in Hungary one year when he was still in a close championship fight with Vettel and Ferrari. If there's room to not be a dick to your team mate and disrespect team orders in those circumstances, Max could have done the same today. He gained absolutely nothing out of that behaviour.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

People will say it's "ruthless" and "that's why he's a 2x world champion".

All he's done is gained himself two points in a championship he already has in the bag and made it more likely that his team mate will refuse to support him next year when he might need him to.

Not clever, not ruthless, just petulant and short sighted!

• Subscriber

It would be interesting to know Max's reasons. There are pretty serious allegations now saying that the relationship between Max and Checo deteriorated because of the incident in Monaco, where Perez crashed in quali and allegedly later admitted to the team that he did it on purpose, which soured the relationship between the two. Juicy.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Not really fair in my opinion. Perez was the only front runner left out on the mediums and the safety car allowed all the soft runners to close up to him. That's F1 nowadays. You can lose five front wings and still finish in the top six if there's enough safety cars and the DRS is strong enough to let you drive past all the slower cars that you've ended up behind through mistakes as if they don't exist.

I have canceled my F1 subscription so I can't check the timing - how far ahead was Checo before the safety car? (and if you have the data, how was it before the first safety car?) Being on mediums while everyone else is on softs some 10 laps before the finish is of course unlucky, but I had the feeling that there were less than 10s between them in the first place even before the safety car. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What the fuck. xD

Generally a very reliable journalist with a good track record.

Other generally reliable sources: https://the-race.com/formula-1/verstappen-says-past-incident-prompted-perez-team-order-snub/

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2022/11/13/does-the-red-bull-f1-team-order-drama-stem-from-monaco/?feed_id=29398&_unique_id=63715ae5cef14

Apparently, both Sky Sports UK and Viaplay suggested that even before today's controversy. 

• Subscriber

Also, does anyone else find it hilarious how Max and Lewis seem to be having issues to play along nicely? xD You can literally put either one of them against anyone else on track, and it's all good. The moment those two come along together, it's all fireworks and literal car crashes  xD 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Generally a very reliable journalist with a good track record.

Other generally reliable sources: https://the-race.com/formula-1/verstappen-says-past-incident-prompted-perez-team-order-snub/

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2022/11/13/does-the-red-bull-f1-team-order-drama-stem-from-monaco/?feed_id=29398&_unique_id=63715ae5cef14

Apparently, both Sky Sports UK and Viaplay suggested that even before today's controversy. 

Isn't it punishable though? Checo crashing on purpose is cheating? Will there be consequences? 

Also today, after the safety car restart, I was wondering about the slow Alpha Tauri. 

u0vbuqyw1sz91.jpg

Apparently, everyone got the overtake safety car to unlap yourself-message, and they forgot Yuki? So he got out of the way to not be an obstacle. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Isn't it punishable though? Checo crashing on purpose is cheating? Will there be consequences? 

Absolutely, if true, then that's a massive DSQ, I'm sure. But it's all just rumours at this point, so how do you prove it? Would also make sense why no one at Red Bull talk openly about it. I don't know if it's true or not, but there's obviously some bad blood between the two of them, whatever the reason. 

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, nudge said:

I have canceled my F1 subscription so I can't check the timing - how far ahead was Checo before the safety car? (and if you have the data, how was it before the first safety car?) Being on mediums while everyone else is on softs some 10 laps before the finish is of course unlucky, but I had the feeling that there were less than 10s between them in the first place even before the safety car. 

I don't know how to check quickly but Bottas was just over a pit stop behind the front four when he was running 5th so about 25 seconds. After the second safety car, Max restarted from 10th so he was coming up to the back of the battle between Bottas, Vettel and the Alpines before that safety car period. My guess is he was around 35 seconds behind Perez and co at this point.

12 hours ago, nudge said:

Also, does anyone else find it hilarious how Max and Lewis seem to be having issues to play along nicely? xD You can literally put either one of them against anyone else on track, and it's all good. The moment those two come along together, it's all fireworks and literal car crashes  xD 

I think it's always been pretty apparent from their body language that they genuinely don't like each other, and that manifests itself on track from time to time. :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived