The better place to talk football.

Manuel Neuer out for the rest of the season - Sommer signed as replacement

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Don't forget he's 34. 

True, but as a goalkeeper, he surely still has several years in him, barring serious injuries? The thought that you can buy a player of Sommer's caliber and experience in the winter transfer window for €5m these days is just crazy to me...

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

True, but as a goalkeeper, he surely still has several years in him, barring serious injuries? The thought that you can buy a player of Sommer's caliber and experience in the winter transfer window for €5m these days is just crazy to me...

Yea, that's true. If they sold him to a Premier League club, they'd probably get 30 Mio. xD

• Subscriber

You beat me to it, Plettenberg with the latest and its just that. We'll see if an agreement can be reached now. Apparently negotiations with Gladbach havent started yet but the word is we want the situation sorted this week as the team leaves friday for training camp.

• Subscriber

Well, I can only put a positive spin on this by saying that Yann Sommer, of all people, deserves a Bundesliga title.  Good luck to him.  I hope that Gladbach hold out for a fee that recognizes his worth to them.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Surely an attempt to get more money for him, but I admire the attitude.

Indeed. I think Roland Virkus is doing a good job at Gladbach, considering how big Max Eberl's footsteps were. Also he's not someone who has to throw himself infront of every camera or microphone like Eberl. And he has a funny moustache. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Rainer Bonhof denies Sky's report. 

One of my random dreams is having a player publicly refuse a move to Bayern by playing that Die Toten Hosen song in a press conference xD 

This was also a very random post. 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

One of my random dreams is having a player publicly refuse a move to Bayern by playing that Die Toten Hosen song in a press conference xD 

This was also a very random post. 

Got a fairly  similar random dream: Always hoped a team that has beaten Bayern, would play the song "Uli Hoeneß ärgert sich (Bayern hat verloren)"  from a very unknown Saarbrücken band in their following pc.xD

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Got a fairly  similar random dream: Always hoped a team that has beaten Bayern, would play the song "Uli Hoeneß ärgert sich (Bayern hat verloren)"  from a very unknown Saarbrücken band in their following pc.xD

Just found it on Youtube, amazing xD 

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Spicy. This would make sense as to why there seems to be more of a push for a replacement and not short term cover.

I wonder if it's a potential career ender. Or even if he comes back, will he ever reach his form again? Age is not on his side either. Could be the end of an era. 

Although, I think a change in the national team goal would be nice. 

• Subscriber
On 10/01/2023 at 11:06, Tommy said:

I wonder if it's a potential career ender. Or even if he comes back, will he ever reach his form again? Age is not on his side either. Could be the end of an era. 

Although, I think a change in the national team goal would be nice. 

I think theres a couple things here. His form this season was already a dip, he made a couple dribbling and distribution mistakes which where of note because thats just something he basically has never done. The old saying in hockey anyways is age is undefeated and it comes for us all. I think we very likely are seeing the end of his reign probably for both national and club.

Archived