talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Weird Sequences in football

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

No idea what it's like at other clubs but Leicester have a seriously weird habit of almost letting ex-players score against them.

Like it's some twist of fate that if you're a former Leicester player, the odds increase for you to score on your return against us. 

Would be intrigued to see the stats but I think Harry Kane accounts for 90% of this for us. I do think the fact Kante has two goals against us is strong testament to it though because he never scores. He's literally scored more against us than for us.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Not really a sequence and nor did it actually happen but Ritchie De Laet came extremely close in 2015/16 to getting winners medals for both the Premier League and the Championship in the same season.

1 hour ago, Bandito Burrito said:
Rogério Ceni

Retired GK who took free-kicks for his club. He scored a grand total of 131 goals, more than some midfielders

Rogeiro Ceni did score many goals, but it wasn't as much as 131 goals at professional level. It was around half that amount. Paraguayan Jose Luis Chilavert, was another goalkeeper who would score many goals from free-kicks, when he was a player.

If I was a pro footballer my sequence would've been like this. 

At 22 I play for Fulham, showing good performances and then move to Arsenal after two seasons. Play five seasons for Gunners where I win couple of FA Cups, a league title and once reach CL final but lost to Real Madrid. During my time in England I make my profile as a constant pain in the ass for rivals Chelsea, always performing against them with Fulham and Arsenal. 

At 29 I say fuck off to offers from Spain and move to Italy with Inter as the Italian pace of game suits my age now. I play four seasons there winning the treble in one season, beating Chelsea in the CL final and I finish second for Ballon'dOr that season with some cunt controversially voted ahead of me. 

At 33 I move to Bayern for two years where I would be getting less playing time but my job is exactly to provide quick cameos specially in crucial games, which I do brilliantly, winning the CL again.

At 35 I say fuck off to offers from PSG and go to Portugal with Benfica where I play three years and reach CL quarterfinals once. 

At 38 I say fuck off to offers from Turkey and MLS and in a surprise move play for Raja Casablanca in Morocco. I play two seasons there and raise the league's profile. I play in FIFA Club WC with them where I knock out Chelsea again, still being in global highlights. 

At 40, I play one season in Malaysia as a player-coach dual role finally retiring at 41. 

In international football I play 9 years for Pakistan where I sincerely put my effort in two WC qualifying campaigns, losing the intercontinental playoffs 5-0 to Chile once but Pakistan is simply not good enough in my time so I retire after the Asian Cup. But I'm appreciated for putting the country on football map. 

Archived