talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf to allow fans in for free

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On principle that's a good idea. Will be interesting to see how they want to make sure the stadium experience stays safe- thinking about guaranteing, persons that are banned from the stadium for their violent excesses stay outside ,and to prevent the stadium from being overcrowded.

• Subscriber

Wow, I missed this part.  This is unreal.

Fortuna won’t make all league games available free of charge immediately. Next season, they will start with a three-game trial, then gradually expand the scheme with a view to making all 17 home games free in three or four years.

1 hour ago, Coma said:

Wow, I missed this part.  This is unreal.

Fortuna won’t make all league games available free of charge immediately. Next season, they will start with a three-game trial, then gradually expand the scheme with a view to making all 17 home games free in three or four years.

I wouldn't have made a whole topic about it if we just gave away some free tickets for a game or two. xD

• Subscriber

Thats funny. I mean if I had to guess your stadium capacity is at least 50,000 ish? think about the amount of revenue they would just straight up be dumping if they decided next season to start abruptly? this gives them time to see how it works in trial and hopefully time to pick up sponsorship to not lose their clothes. 

• Administrator

Intrigued to know who the 'strategic sponsors' are, and what ideas they have to compensate for the lost ticket revenue.

The directors of Fortuna believe that the losses could be compensated by ‘new sponsorship income from several new strategic sponsors who will seek to benefit from the club’s newfound popularity’.

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I wouldn't have made a whole topic about it if we just gave away some free tickets for a game or two. xD

Even giving away tickets for a game or two is significant when you consider the stadium holds 55k.  I just hope that this isn't "investors" trying to get around sinking money into the club.  According to a couple articles I read there is some debate about how much control those sponsors might try to exact from the club if they're paying to fill the stadium and how the fan groups/ultras might feel about that.

Archived