The better place to talk football.

Bernardo Silva - Man City Will 'Reject Every Offer'

football forums

• The title was changed to Bernardo Silva - Can Leave for £45-50m
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-man-city-now-ready-to-accept-45m-bernardo-silva-offer/

Man City are ready to accept a bid of between £45-50million for attacking midfield star Bernardo Silva this summer, sources have told Football Insider.

Football Insider revealed on Monday (3 July) that City are growing more and more pessimistic about the possibility of keeping Silva, 28, at the club.

It is believed he is the subject of interest from Saudi Arabian clubs – who are offering mind-boggling sums in order to get their man.

Silva currently earns a reported wage of £150,000-a-week at Man City – who will be unable to compete with the Saudi offer despite their healthy financial situation.

The former Monaco star has two years left on his contract at the Etihad Stadium.

He is also the subject of long-standing interest from Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain – but it is believed they will also struggle to compete with the sums on offer in the Middle East.

A well-placed source has told Football Insider that City “fear the worst” – and expect Silva to be tempted away for a new challenge elsewhere.

He is expected to command a fee of between £45-50million, six years after he made the reported £43million move from Monaco.

Silva notched 55 appearances across all competitions last term, managing seven goals and eight assists.

The 82-cap Portugal international has won five league titles, four League Cups, one FA Cup and one Champions League title at the Etihad Stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

Barcelona have reactivated their interest in signing Bernardo Silva – with speculative suggestions that Frenkie de Jong may be offered to Pep Guardiola’s side to help facilitate the deal.

Portugal international Silva has been on Barca’s wanted list for over a year with boss Xavi Hernandez confirming they wanted a deal last summer, which did not come to fruition. Silva has since become a key transfer target for PSG, who are looking for a player of that profile to replace Lionel Messi.

City boss Guardiola has repeatedly refused to sanction Silva’s exit despite the player’s keenness for pastures new. The playmaker played a pivotal role in the club’s successes last campaign but he has made no secret internally that he was open to a move away from the Etihad.

The price is 70million which is cheap. 

Manchester City are pressing Bernardo Silva for an answer, after offering the 28-year-old a two-year contract extension and a pay-rise that would take his earnings to £300,000-a-week. So far, no club has been willing to meet City’s £70 million asking price. Pep Guardiola has again been delighted by Silva’s attitude in pre-season. (Simon Mullock, Mirror)

Bit of a none starter the Silva transfer, only a handful of clubs can afford close to 100 million around Europe and I don't think any that can see him as a priority.

He's not going to want to go to PSG in my opinion, what's the point he's at a successful team already and I don't see him being motivated to win Ligue 1.

32 minutes ago, Devil said:

Bit of a none starter the Silva transfer, only a handful of clubs can afford close to 100 million around Europe and I don't think any that can see him as a priority.

He's not going to want to go to PSG in my opinion, what's the point he's at a successful team already and I don't see him being motivated to win Ligue 1.

Yeah not many clubs can afford him right now. Pep's told him he cant leave this late in the window and he's got a 2 year extension on the table. i think he's just trying to keep his mrs happy more than anything else but now he can blame Pep for having to stay :4_joy:

Can leave for 45million? xD Stans wrong again, so wrong :ph34r:

Manchester City have told player they will ‘reject every offer’ that arrives for him – Declared ‘non-transferable’

Manchester City have informed Bernardo Silva they will ‘reject every offer’ for him this summer and have no intention of letting him go.

• The title was changed to Bernardo Silva - Man City Will 'Reject Every Offer'

Archived