talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ao Tanaka - Set to join Leeds?

football forum

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

money-show.gif

Apparently he has a 5 Mio € release cause, which is a shame considering how much English clubs usually overpay. :( 

Yeah, that's a real shame, had he not had a release clause, you could easily have gotten €15 to €20 million for him. Kownacki left on a free transfer to Werder Bremen and now Tanaka is likely going to leave on the cheap. Dusseldorf aren't doing the best business here, which is a bit sad.

7 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, that's a real shame, had he not had a release clause, you could easily have gotten €15 to €20 million for him. Kownacki left on a free transfer to Werder Bremen and now Tanaka is likely going to leave on the cheap. Dusseldorf aren't doing the best business here, which is a bit sad.

Considering we "only" paid 1 Mio Euros for him, and we'd make a profit of 4 Mio Euros, I'd say that's still decent for a club with our finances. The release clause was probably the only way that we could get him.

Anyway, he had like a handful of decent games for us, and was more or less invisible in most other games. He's talented for sure, but he didn't exactly had a great breakthrough at Fortuna. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Considering we "only" paid 1 Mio Euros for him, and we'd make a profit of 4 Mio Euros, I'd say that's still decent for a club with our finances. The release clause was probably the only way that we could get him.

Anyway, he had like a handful of decent games for us, and was more or less invisible in most other games. He's talented for sure, but he didn't exactly had a great breakthrough at Fortuna. 

I just hope that Dusseldorf are able to make more astute signings like Kownacki and Tanaka. Kownacki in particular was one of the best players in the whole league this season. He should do well for Werder Bremen next season, even though he will be playing in a much tougher league.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Ao Tanaka - Set to join Leeds?

Yeah, he's been heavily linked along with a few others. Amiri from Leverkusen has been on and off, on and off etc.

No nothing of him as a player to judge but perhaps he'd be decent for a league below the Premier League.

This Amiri guy is a strange one though.

He's taking part in training today, so I doubt that he really went to Leeds.

Either way, he might be a good player, but our midfield was much better when we benched him on Saturday. He plays too many safe passes to the side or back, and rarely goes for a risky pass or contributes something to our attacking game. So if we can get some money for him that we can invest elsewhere into the squad, I wouldn't be too unhappy. 

19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Either way, he might be a good player, but our midfield was much better when we benched him on Saturday. He plays too many safe passes to the side or back, and rarely goes for a risky pass or contributes something to our attacking game. So if we can get some money for him that we can invest elsewhere into the squad, I wouldn't be too unhappy. 

No it wasn't Tanaka that travelled to Leeds mate, it was Amiri from Leverkusen that did. Why he changed his mind from first saying no and then not flying back again after refusing, I've no idea but clearly that screams bad omens if players are doing that.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I wonder if Stuttgart will still move for him.  We are light in midfield, and more notably, we're down 1 Japanese player.  

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

No it wasn't Tanaka that travelled to Leeds mate, it was Amiri from Leverkusen that did. Why he changed his mind from first saying no and then not flying back again after refusing, I've no idea but clearly that screams bad omens if players are doing that.

He's spoilt from living in Düsseldorf. :ph34r: