Celta Viga vs Osasuna, 16.00
Villarreal vs Real Betis, 18.30
Getafe vs Barcelona, 20.30

Monday 14th August, 2023
Cadiz vs Alaves, 18.30
Atletico Madrid vs Granada, 20.30

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Coma said:

And thus begins the slow march toward relegation for Valencia.  I don't think they have enough quality to avoid it this year after scraping by last year.

It's a good start nonetheless! 

Well it's just finished 1-1 between Real Sociedad and Girona. Sociedad took the lead as early as the 4th minute through Kubo. But it was an incredible start for Dovbyk on his debut for Girona. Dovbyk who was bough by Girona from Dnipro a few days ago, was named on the bench for this match. But Girona brought Dovbyk on mid-way through the 2nd half, as he came on for Stuani. It only took Dovbyk 8 minutes of being on the pitch to score and equalise for Girone.

It was in fact none other than his Ukrainian team mate at Girona, Tsyhankov who provided the assist for Dovbyk's goal. Tsyhankov delivered a beautiful cross and Dovbyk met it with a lovely header to score and equalise for Girona. It was a great debut for Dovbyk and it looks like both Dovbyk and Tsyhankov are going to play key roles for Girona this season.

Final score: Real Sociedad 1-1 Girona

On 11/08/2023 at 12:26, Coma said:

And thus begins the slow march toward relegation for Valencia.  I don't think they have enough quality to avoid it this year after scraping by last year.

I was thinking of doing a city break(in-between Andalucía in Oct and Fuerteventura in February) in Valencia in December and watching Valencia vs Barcelona, but I've moved the week in Fuerteventura to December now. So I'll be away early Oct for a week and mid December for a week.

I wouldn't mind watching Barça away at somepoint this season, but I'm fully booked up now this year. I still haven't paid for the whole of the other 2 trips coming up, so I can't be booking another yet. 

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I was thinking of doing a city break(in-between Andalucía in Oct and Fuerteventura in February) in Valencia in December and watching Valencia vs Barcelona, but I've moved the week in Fuerteventura to December now. So I'll be away early Oct for a week and mid December for a week.

I wouldn't mind watching Barça away at somepoint this season, but I'm fully booked up now this year. I still haven't paid for the whole of the other 2 trips coming up, so I can't be booking another yet. 

If I get over there I would like to see a match at Granada. I'm obsessed with the beauty of that town.

Did Araujo just pick the ball up midair and get away with it? I’m watching without sound so don’t know the reasoning.

Honestly I don’t get the hype with Raphinha, I might have before but I see him and just think he’s not at that level and Barce should have spent elsewhere

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Danny said:

Did Araujo just pick the ball up midair and get away with it? I’m watching without sound so don’t know the reasoning.

Honestly I don’t get the hype with Raphinha, I might have before but I see him and just think he’s not at that level and Barce should have spent elsewhere

Raphinha was the one player that looked like he would score before his moment of madness. Was the only one breaking in behind. 

And yeah, Araujo had a massive brain fart but somehow didn't get booked xD

How Damian Suarez has got away without a card or two is beyond me. Some sly moments on Lewandowski and an off-the-ball elbow on Gundogan too. Very dirty player. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Raphinha was the one player that looked like he would score before his moment of madness. Was the only one breaking in behind. 

And yeah, Araujo had a massive brain fart but somehow didn't get booked xD

How Damian Suarez has got away without a card or two is beyond me. Some sly moments on Lewandowski and an off-the-ball elbow on Gundogan too. Very dirty player. 

Yeah Raphinha looks sharp but I fee like his chance gets taken by a player like Salah or Vini Jr for example.

On a side note, so refreshing listening to Graham Hunter. He is levels above most punditry we have in England.

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Red card for Raphinha. Deserved but Getafe should have had 2 themselves. Referee doesn't have control of this game. 

@Carnivore Chris you watching? 

Yeah, it's been a scrappy game, as expected away to Getafe.

The midfield and defence are spot on, but the attack needs more. There are various attackers in the squad but getting them to perform consistently or finding some form of fluidity has been an issue.

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

He thought the ball had gone out of play. Very strange moment to be honest 😂

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Yeah, it's been a scrappy game, as expected away to Getafe.

The midfield and defence are spot on, but the attack needs more. There are various attackers in the squad but getting them to perform consistently or finding some form of fluidity has been an issue.

Yeah especially up against a low block defence. 

What's the beef between Xavi and Bordelas? Heard the commentators mention it a couple of times. 

• The topic was unpinned