talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Walking Dead

football forum

23 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah they've really rescued it after the mishandled and overly-long Rick vs Negan arc. The whisperers stuff has been generally very well done. I do feel like the commonwealth arc is the best way to wrap things up though, going beyond the written material from the comic books for further content would be stretching it out. They're already going to hit 10-11 seasons.

Yeah the negan ark could have been brilliant but it was very badly put together unfortunately 

• 3 months later...

Am going to start watching this again tomorrow. Has anybody else re-watched it? Being honest I only started watching it in 2017 via catch up. I eventually caught up within 3 months and started watching the most recent episodes on Monday nights.

My question is, which period battle if your favorite? You had the early period where you get to know the characters and they are all moving around. You had them when they settled in the prison, the farm , C.D.C and Alexandria. Being honest I loved the period when they were in the prison and the period on the farm. 

My favourite battles were the ones vs the guvnor. Maybe I enjoyed these periods of the show because I felt it was earlier in the show and really was in it peak. 

• Subscriber

I randomly stopped watching around the time Negan was around. Can’t actually remember where I was at to be honest so I definitely will have to re watch it at some point. I did enjoy it, I just felt it went downhill and there were better options about at the time occupying my time such as Game Of Thrones and Peaky Blinders.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

I randomly stopped watching around the time Negan was around. Can’t actually remember where I was at to be honest so I definitely will have to re watch it at some point. I did enjoy it, I just felt it went downhill and there were better options about at the time occupying my time such as Game Of Thrones and Peaky Blinders.

Problem with the Negan period for me was that it dragged on for too long. When it did end they never killed him and had him locked up. But after his capture, it does get good and has the feel of the earlier series.

Finished season 1, I forgot it was only 6 episodes. People are finding their feet living in tents. But the main storyline was when they were searching for the C.D.C building which wasn't what they expected it to be.

Watched 2 episodes of season 2, Carl gets shot by accident and they're now at the farm where Maggie comes into play. 

Watching season 1 and 2, I forgot how much of a gobby shit Darryl was, he obviously mellowed as the show progressed. 

• Subscriber
On 20/01/2021 at 10:47, MUFC said:

Problem with the Negan period for me was that it dragged on for too long. When it did end they never killed him and had him locked up. But after his capture, it does get good and has the feel of the earlier series.

Well I now know he gets captured xD I think I stopped watching before that. What season was that? I’ll start re watching from there I think. Not sure if I can be arsed watching from Season 1 again. But I do want to get back into this. 

Halfway through season 2, memories are flooding back. They've kind of extended their stay on the farm. The keepers were keeping walkers in the barn and one was Sophia. Rick's wife is pregnant, probably with Shane's child, she's told Rick they had it off. Maggie and Gwyn are getting it on. Seriously, it was so much better during the earlier episodes. 

Just finished season 3 of my re-watch. I forgot how good the earlier seasons were. They moved from the farm after it set alight and moved into the prison. They had the war with the guvnor which was really good. I remember getting irritated when the war with Negan and co dragged on but I still tolerated it.

For me it was difficult to watch after Rick left. He was the leader and main character in this series. Even so the last season vs the Whisperers really did improve, it was hard to watch without Rick.

Season 11 will have 24 episodes.

The first half will air in 2021, with the second half following in 2022.

Season 11 filming hasn't kicked off yet – it was supposed to begin in May – but the cast and crew are set to return this month.

Finished season 4 where they ended in a sanctuary run by a group called Terminus. Watched the first couple of episodes of season, they defeat Terminus quite easily and meet father Gabrielle. A few survivors of Terminus kidnaped one of Ricks group and were BBQ his body, eating it while talking to him. Will continue with season 5 episode 3 in the morning, am pretty sure if memory serves me right, that season 5 was my favorite season.

Out of all the wars Rick and his group had, which were the toughest and most brutal opposition? There was the guvnor, terminus, saviors and whisperers.

Finished season 5 where they've been in Alexandra for the latter part of the series. Season 5 was my favorite by far. Many say season 1-5 was the peak but I'd say season 1-6 myself. Started season 6 and Alexandra was attacked by those knife waving weirdos. They've tried re-directing the walkers but it went wrong. This is where Darryl has an episode with a member of the saviors. 

After finishing season 6, it reminds you of how much of a nutter Negan was back then. As for ~Rick and his group, for me they'd got over confident and cocky. They thought they'd take the saviors out easily, not knowing what they were up against.

Am halfway through season 7. Darryl is being held hostage from the saviors, Tara found the all girls group but escaped and Carl killed 2 of Negans men and spent a day at their complex. 

You also see Negans numerous wives , Carroll is at the Kingdom and  Maggie is staying at the Hill Top.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@MUFC watched the first episode. Was watching the second one but had to go out before seeing the end. The first one is good. The second one is a cure for insomnia. 

Second one wasn't all that. Darryl story with the lady was boring.

• Subscriber

I’m midway through season 9. Interested to see how they play it out with Rick not actually dying. 

His daughter is probably the best character on the show. Weird with so much time passing. I’m only a few episodes in.

• 2 weeks later...