Crawley vs Tranmere
Forest Green vs Doncaster
Gillingham vs Morecambe
MK Dons vs Stockport
Newport vs Barrow
Swindon vs Walsall
Wrexham vs Grimsby

• Administrator

Happy days. Convincing win against a fellow promotion favourite.

Extremely sloppy at times, but also much more dominant at other times. We're starting to click much more as each game goes by.

Winks is too good for this league. Pereira, McAteer, Mavididi and Vardy all very good today too.

I hope the highlights are extended for all to see because that game was hilarious.

Russell Martin's suicide ball is everything you'd thought it would be at a bigger club. When they win he's lauded for his possession based stuff, but when they lose they lose really bad.

Leicester City werent great, theyd be very naive to assume that they will beat many teams on that performance. Mavididi's decision making at times was poor and there defending at times was awful. Particulary from set pieces. James Justin getting beaten in the air by Ryan Fraser is a good example. Thankfully when they went in to 'hold my beer' mode, Che Adams refused to take it.

But Southampton, Jesus, the amount of stray passes from defenders to Leicester players. It was like they were drunk. The best example I can give is Leicester's fourth goal. Southampton had a corner. Everyone apart from Smallbone went up. They took a short corner, Sulemana passed it to Mavididi and he was off, he was through on goal from his own half. All I could think was 'imagine if he missed' but thankfully he didn't. I’m not sure you can blame the defenders for being caught upfield on a corner where the player passes it to the opposition on a short corner but either way it was hilarious to watch and symbolic of every team Russell Martin has managed so far.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I hope the highlights are extended for all to see because that game was hilarious.

Russell Martin's suicide ball is everything you'd thought it would be at a bigger club. When they win he's lauded for his possession based stuff, but when they lose they lose really bad.

Leicester City werent great, theyd be very naive to assume that they will beat many teams on that performance. Mavididi's decision making at times was poor and there defending at times was awful. Particulary from set pieces. James Justin getting beaten in the air by Ryan Fraser is a good example. Thankfully when they went in to 'hold my beer' mode, Che Adams refused to take it.

But Southampton, Jesus, the amount of stray passes from defenders to Leicester players. It was like they were drunk. The best example I can give is Leicester's fourth goal. Southampton had a corner. Everyone apart from Smallbone went up. They took a short corner, Sulemana passed it to Mavididi and he was off, he was through on goal from his own half. All I could think was 'imagine if he missed' but thankfully he didn't. I’m not sure you can blame the defenders for being caught upfield on a corner where the player passes it to the opposition on a short corner but either way it was hilarious to watch and symbolic of every team Russell Martin has managed so far.

Fair comments. I think I see it as a positive that we weren't at our best but polished Southampton off quite easily. The sloppiness in defence needs to be cut out sharp though. As on another day we'd be on the receiving end of what happened today. Things just seemed to click more for us and thankfully those moments outweighed our mistakes. 

17 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I still remember the jacks happy to see the back of Cooper, despite getting them to the playoffs twice. They replaced him with Russell Martin and did fuck all, while Cooper is managing in the prem.

As for us today, please turn up and beat the cunts for once. That'd be very nice.

Also, I'll be absolutely gobsmacked if there's no trouble tonight. Why South Wales Police thought it'd be a great idea to allow this at tonight (no doubt Sky played a good part as well mind) with a lot truly pissed up beforehand (especially with Wales playing now in the rugby) is anyone's guess.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I still remember the jacks happy to see the back of Cooper, despite getting them to the playoffs twice. They replaced him with Russell Martin and did fuck all, while Cooper is managing in the prem.

As for us today, please turn up and beat the cunts for once. That'd be very nice.

Also, I'll be absolutely gobsmacked if there's no trouble tonight. Why South Wales Police thought it'd be a great idea to allow this at tonight (no doubt Sky played a good part as well mind) with a lot truly pissed up beforehand (especially with Wales playing now in the rugby) is anyone's guess.

I presume its been driven by the TV companies refusing to have two EFL matches on Sunday in a weekend where Leeds play Millwall and Cardiff play Swansea.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Stan said:

This Welsh Derby is not living up to expectations. 

Yeah, not much in the way of quality or just having that bite really. Shows how poor both attacks are, considering we both have shite defences.

For us, we've had a fair bit of the ball (feels odd typing that) but no clear cut chances bar Mèitè's chance at the end. Need to get Robinson and Tanner on at some point.

Also, I don't care if it was Swansea or our lot that started it, we were meant to have a minute's silence for an ex-player passing and those that died in the Moroccan earthquake. Both sides fucked it. Disgraceful and we should hang out heads in shame.

8 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

TANNER YOU SEXY CUNT!!!

Just comes on, pisses passed his marker and fizzed into the bottom left corner.

1-0. Still need another two goals though 

Poor challenge there by Tanner in the 80th minute and he deservedly gets booked. The weather hasn't helped the football today to be fair.

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

And speaking of Tanner, he pisses his marker again, gets taken down and ref awards a pen.

Ramsey converts. 2-0.

Still need one more though.

Good penalty by Ramsey, surely that seals the win for Cardiff City.

Cardiff City 2-0 Swansea City

• The topic was unpinned