Watford vs West Brom

Norwich vs Leicester, 20.00

l1.png

Tuesday 19th September, 2023
Barnsley vs Portsmouth
Peterborough vs Cheltenham
Port Vale vs Burton

• Administrator

Head says we'll become unstuck against Norwich because they seem quite competent in attack, and while we've looked okay at the back, we're not completely stopping the goals. 

Heart says we'll better them when it does come to attack and outscore them.

Reckon there's plenty of goals in this though, regardless.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bristol City already hitting 3 against Plymouth. Plymouth have made 7 changes, which seems odd. 

Wonder if the EFL will charge them with 'bringing the game into disrepute' or some bollocks like that.

As for us, 1-1 at present. Goutas with our goal from a corner with no one marking him, and Godden with Coventry's equaliser following a decent punch out by Alnwick, but poor defending and marking from us.

• Administrator
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

3-2 to us in the end.

Fair play, we've gone the complete opposite to last season. Defended ok but not score, now scoring for fun and can't defend for shit.

You'd rather the latter in this division to be fair. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

3-2 to us in the end.

Fair play, we've gone the complete opposite to last season. Defended ok but not score, now scoring for fun and can't defend for shit.

I wonder if you're a bit of a dark horse - 9th in the table with the fixtures you've had is really quite impressive.

• Subscriber

Norwich away for us tomorrow night. Can only apologise to Stan and the rest of our fans as I'm actually going to this one whilst I missed Southampton due to being in Germany, so now we've got the goodun out of the way (which tempted a mate of mine to buy a ticket for Wednesday) I've no doubt we'll kiss of death it and lose at Norwich.

I'll be honest I still find it quite hard to adjust to seeing Southampton and Norwich away as 'hard' fixtures - and especially given how the first went xD but in the context of everything a point wouldn't kill us. I think we're totally capable of winning this though. Norwich will probably be in two minds on how to set up as Southampton played right into our hands, and revealed that we do still have that battering in us when we're presented with the circumstances - I mean we even scored four, four times last season. But then the flip side is we haven't looked hugely convincing against the 'lesser' sides who have sat back. Wagner's inclination will be to press but that may be a problem for them as Maresca's philosophy seems very much of the De Zerbi ilk - to bait a press and then play around it, and we're getting better at it.

I'm gonna be positive fuck it. 1-2 to us.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

I see Russell Martin lost again. With bottom of the table Middlesbrough away this weekend I'm starting to wonder if he's at genuine risk of losing his job soon - if they lose that he'd have to be under pressure.

11 hours ago, Stan said:

You'd rather the latter in this division to be fair. 

True, but conceding about 2 goals a game doesn't help either. xD

5 hours ago, Dan said:

I wonder if you're a bit of a dark horse - 9th in the table with the fixtures you've had is really quite impressive.

I can't see that happening myself. We have a decent team, but we're far to leaky at the back. I'd be happy with mid table after last season.

That and as you know, the Championship is more or less wide open for the vast majority of teams, so one or two losses can see you go down the table quite easily.

Very frustrating night for us. Played so well up to Rodon's Red which was ridiculous in itself (welcome back to shit refereee's) but we missed far too many chances anyway.

That's four draws now already and every draw we've had been far and away the better side. Got to stay patient I guess but we definitely don't have the points to show for our performances.

That said, I think we're looking a very good side and doing more right than wrong. We just need to be more clinical because we're not going to get points for looking pretty.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Very frustrating night for us. Played so well up to Rodon's Red which was ridiculous in itself (welcome back to shit refereee's) but we missed far too many chances anyway.

That's four draws now already and every draw we've had been far and away the better side. Got to stay patient I guess but we definitely don't have the points to show for our performances.

That said, I think we're looking a very good side and doing more right than wrong. We just need to be more clinical because we're not going to get points for looking pretty.

Not sure what the first booking was for but the second seemed quite clear. 

Hull's open goal miss though xD

Sunday league stuff. 

• The topic was unpinned