• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

England vs Australia - Friday 13th October, 2023

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delighted for Ollie Watkins to get a start. He really does look like Kane's most obvious stand-in. Whatever that says. Also Bowen is constantly a goal scorer for West Ham, so due a look.

As it is almost a 2nd choice 11, the 1 change I probably would have had in there would have been JWP rather than Henderson. And I would be very, very near including Konsa.

11 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Not sure if I can put up with 90 minutes of Dion Dublin.  Should stick to homes under the hammer 

The studio just may be improved it it was Martin Roberts & Martel Maxwell.

An 80,000+ seater detached within the London area.

A slightly early 20th century arch. May want to get planning permission looked into, if you would favour a more modern open plan sky line.

Should be several goals already. Australia with the best chance near 45 mins. Several bookings. Australia lining up very rigidly. Like a more open chance packed version of the England vs USA match from the World Cup. Watkins & Bowen threatening to do things, but neither quite doing it. Bit weird that Gallagher & Henderson seem a bit flat in the middle. Any others in midfield & it would feel it needs one of them coming on at half time to liven it up a bit.

20 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Are you drunk?

Not properly. Just enough to have been wondering more than once why Jude Bellingham was playing so badly & then realising it was TAA in midfield. And I think I may have seen what the Phil Foden hype is all about. He did look particularly impressive with beer goggles. Running around. Gliding past a few Australians. Without really actually doing anything. But it looked very good.

Just now, Reluctant Striker said:

Not properly. Just enough to have been wondering more than once why Jude Bellingham was playing so badly & then realising it was TAA in midfield. And I think I may have seen what the Phil Foden hype is all about. He did look particularly impressive with beer goggles. Running around. Gliding past a few Australians. Without really actually doing anything. But it looked very good.

You need beer to watch an England friendly 

22 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

You need beer to watch an England friendly 

It was a practice match for England, trying out fringe players. But the good news is that England have a lot of depth and there's a lot of talent in England.

49 minutes ago, Michael said:

It was a practice match for England, trying out fringe players. But the good news is that England have a lot of depth and there's a lot of talent in England.

Yeah I know mate. I'm not moaning I'm just joking around. Still could of done with a few beers last night though xD

• The topic was unpinned