Slovenia vs Finland, 17.00
Denmark vs Kazakhstan, 19.45

Tuesday 17th October, 2023

Finland vs Kazakhstan, 17.00
Northern Ireland vs Slovenia, 19.45
San Marino vs Denmark, 19.45

image.png

2 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Seems a bit of a strange prediction. I would of gone for 2.0 at least. 

Yea, I would have predicted higher too if I had really thought about it. I just predicted in a rush. xD

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

You should never rush a tf365 prediction league. A mortgage application is fine a but never a prediction league on here 

You don't even play in them xD

• Haha 1

I am looking at putting some money on Slovenia to beat Northern Ireland. The odds for the Slovenia win are really good, which is quite surprising to me. Fair enough, it's an away match for Slovenia, as they are playing in Belfast, Northern Ireland. But Slovenia have been by far the better team in these qualifiers in my opinion. They've won 5 of their group games, drawn one and only lost one. Slovenia are currently level on 16 points with Denmark.

Northern Ireland on the other hand, have won 2 matches in this group and they have lost 5 matches. However, their 2 wins came against the weakest team in the group San Marino. Moreover, Northern Ireland have already been eliminated from qualifying, as it is now mathematically impossible for them to qualify.

With Slovenia having Denmark and Kazakhstan breathing down their necks in the table, it would seem to me that they will go out looking for the win. Given their form, they look much the better team in my opinion and in Sesko up front, they have one of the best strikers in the world. But the bookies are giving odds like 11/8 for the Slovenia win, so they seem to see this game as much more balanced than I see it. So I wonder what I am missing here, why are the odds for the Slovenia win so good? Slovenia are the better team, they're the team who have something to play for and really they are the team who need the win. Do others on here agree that odds of 11/8 for the Slovenia win look good and do you guys think that it's very likely that Slovenia will win today?

Edited by Michael

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Really? 

I'd say so, he's definitely one of the most highly rated forwards around. Although only still 20, he's already shown some great ability. He already has 9 international goals for Slovenia and he is raved about by his club RB Leipzig. 

Just now, Michael said:

Slovenia score a 2nd goal in Belfast and it's none other than that man Sesko who scores the goal!

Northern Ireland 0-2 Slovenia

Sesko's goal is cancelled by the referee though, so it's still 0-1 to Slovenia.

Northern Ireland 1-0 Slovenia

1 hour ago, Stan said:

San Marino equalise against Denmark!! 

2.1 win for Denmark is a poor result. Even conceding a goal against San Marino requires an inquest. 

I really think San Marino need to find someway to play teams around their level. The nations league will help but a lot teams around their level are to far away. I do think they could do with playing international b sides. They do it in other sports 

2 hours ago, Michael said:

It looks like Slovenia and Denmark will qualify from this group. It will be great to see Slovenia back competing in a big competition. Their last major tournament was the 2010 World Cup. 

For some reason I like Slovenia. Sometimes you just like certain teams. I'd imagine they are over achievers?

I've actually seen their men's and womens team play England 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

3 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

For some reason I like Slovenia. Sometimes you just like certain teams. I'd imagine they are over achievers?

I've actually seen their men's and womens team play England 

They only have a total population of around 2.1 million people. So yes, they are definitely over achievers.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
52 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Denmark have becoming rubbish haven't they?

First defeat since March, already qualified and no pressure to get any result. Probably past their peak of how good they've been over last 5/6 years but not sure they're 'rubbish'. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

First defeat since March, already qualified and no pressure to get any result. Probably past their peak of how good they've been over last 5/6 years but not sure they're 'rubbish'. 

I haven’t been impressed with them against San Marino nor today, I guess we’ll find that out in the Euros.