MK Dons vs Swindon
Morecambe vs AFC Wimbledon
Notts County vs Wrexham
Stockport vs Tranmere
Sutton vs Bradford

Tuesday 31st October, 2023
Barrow vs Morecambe, 19.45

• Subscriber

I've followed us for god knows how long and I've never seen us as short to win an away league game as we are tomorrow. Their fans couldn't have any less confidence and ours couldn't have any more. Really does have all the hallmarks of a hammering in our favour. I'm really confident in our system and Enzo's humility that he won't allow for any complacency and our system shifts the margin so much in our favour that I just cannot see a loss here. They're that sure of defeat that they apparently want to get hammered as it'll hurry them up to get rid of Ainsworth. Part of me thinks that they've only kept him for this because they don't want to lumber a new man with this fixture.

This really could be something. Hard not to be quite excited.

If I come back here to a loss xD 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

I've followed us for god knows how long and I've never seen us as short to win an away league game as we are tomorrow. Their fans couldn't have any less confidence and ours couldn't have any more. Really does have all the hallmarks of a hammering in our favour. I'm really confident in our system and Enzo's humility that he won't allow for any complacency and our system shifts the margin so much in our favour that I just cannot see a loss here. They're that sure of defeat that they apparently want to get hammered as it'll hurry them up to get rid of Ainsworth. Part of me thinks that they've only kept him for this because they don't want to lumber a new man with this fixture.

This really could be something. Hard not to be quite excited.

If I come back here to a loss xD 

Stop it. Years of these games I've seen so many end up in the most unlikeliest of 1-0 home victories xD

• Haha 1

• Administrator

Another instance where the keeper comes out all guns blazing, misses the ball and cleans out the player. No penalty but quite clearly should be. 

Yet if you even breathe on a goalkeeper it's a foul. 

• Administrator

Harry Winks too good for this league. 

Superb goal to win the game for us. 

A game in which we were quite sloppy and at times complacent, but a sign of a good team when you don't play well but still grab 3 points. 

Sad for Louie Barry. 20 year old wing attacker. On loan to Stockport, from Villa (previously of West Brom & Barcelona) has scored 9 goals in 15 League Two matches. But now out with a hamstring injury, perhaps for up to 4 months.

Interesting to see how he develops. Will he make it at Villa, in the top flight, or become a really good lower level player.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Perry Ng is on fire @Bluebird Hewitt

Meanwhile we've taken a fortunate lead through a Mavididi deflected shot 

Ng can do what he wants really. Starting to be our main freekick taker and now scoring with his head. Not bad for a right back. xD

Superb performance from him today overall.

Also, just read Pearson's comments. Came across quite bitter. Love it. xD

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Subscriber

I have to say for all the negativity around QPR and for how badly they've done, and how well we've done, they made that genuinely quite hard for us and a lot harder than a lot of teams have done.  It wasn't dissimilar at all to the win at Rotherham back in August.

I think it's pretty apparent that Ainsworth was gone regardless and they simply didn't want to lumber the new manager with having to play us in his opener. It's a bit of a shame really how badly that's worked out as he's an ex player and he's clearly got something about him based on his time at Wycombe.

We plough on. Us and Ipswich are making this a farce.

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Stan said:

Stop it. Years of these games I've seen so many end up in the most unlikeliest of 1-0 home victories xD

I have to admit there was a part of me during that game where my bullish confidence took a slight knock although I did think from the red card there was simply no way we weren't going to win. I feel like the 'typical Leicester' doesn't seem to apply to this side yet. 13 wins from 14 is remarkable even for all of our advantage.

I suppose the two big obstacles are the remembrance and boxing day fixtures - two that we're traditionally crap on, and this season we happen to play probably the 2nd and 3rd best teams.

This Leicester team are exceptionally good at finding ways to win. They're either dominating teams and winning comfortable or winning by the odd goal late on.

Whilst it feels like Ipswich will have to be wary of a drop in form and Leeds to win ten on the bounce at some point, it feels like Leicester can start planing to see what players are needed to make a top half push next season.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Cov really did fumble their big chance. They've absolutely botched it with their recruitment.

To be fair to them they've had some key players injured this season. With O'Hare returning to full fitness the hope has to be Robins will soon establish what there best front two are and they can move up the table.

Sakamoto and the Dutch defender look a bit raw but I reckon they'll get better. The big thing for them will be adding a quality CM as Eccles and Sheaf don't look good enough to match what the team achieved last season.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

To be fair to them they've had some key players injured this season. With O'Hare returning to full fitness the hope has to be Robins will soon establish what there best front two are and they can move up the table.

Sakamoto and the Dutch defender look a bit raw but I reckon they'll get better. The big thing for them will be adding a quality CM as Eccles and Sheaf don't look good enough to match what the team achieved last season.

These things are all true but the big downgrade is in attack. The longer time goes on the more it seems Gyokeres is genuinely a top striker, I'm talking good enough for CL sides, while the two they have signed look miles off it so far. Think they have a combined 6 goal contributions all season which for that sort of outlay is a big problem. In their last four games they have scored 1 goal and picked up 1 point - and it was a 1-1 draw at home to an also out of form Norwich courtesy of a freak own goal at the end.

I thought Coventry would be up there again this season but they need quite an upturn and I don't really see it this time.

• The topic was unpinned