talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Venezuela

football forum

More context - this comes from Ecuador and Peru agreeing to deport Venezuelans into Colombia, but the president of a Venezuelan company in Ecuador accuses us of xenophobia.

I hate to say it, but the Venezuelans have done this to themselves. I should mention Lima only has 8 mafias, only 1 is actually Peruvian itself. All the rest are Colombian or Venezuelan, and the latter have started to dominate parts of the cities.

I feel genuinely sorry for the people who actually come here for a better life, I know a lot of great Venezuelans, but the case is just beyond help at this point. It's actually made our own criminals look like saints.

I especially have empathy for the new Venezuelans coming in because they are often pushed to the side because of xenophobia and they don't have a choice but to rely on becoming thieves. The mafia's have left that reputation here and in Chile.

Edited by Goku de la Boca
  • Thanks 1

The problem is, they are migrating to other South American nations, but then finding themselves living in equally poverty sticken barrios in the likes of Colombia where there isn't even any electricity or running water.

This creates high crime rates, desperation, prostitution...

There is a vastly growing number of Venezuelans going into Spain, but they seem to live better there, as there are more opportunities there, even though it's a country with quite high unemployment for European standards.

Latin Americans bring great vibes to Europe in general. I see no issues in this regard. 

I've noticed there seems to be a higher percentage of females than males, although that's probably just myself being the pervert I am and noticing them more.

The sad thing is, Venezuela should actually be a much richer country than it is. What could have been...

Edited by Carnivore Chris

14 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

The problem is, they are migrating to other South American nations, but then finding themselves living in equally poverty sticken barrios in the likes of Colombia where there isn't even any electricity or running water.

This creates high crime rates, desperation, prostitution...

There is a vastly growing number of Venezuelans going into Spain, but they seem to live better there, as there are more opportunities there, even though it's a country with quite high unemployment for European standards.

Latin Americans bring great vibes to Europe in general. I see no issues in this regard. 

I've noticed there seems to be a higher percentage of females than males, although that's probably just myself being the pervert I am and noticing them more.

The sad thing is, Venezuela should actually be a much richer country than it is. What could have been...

This is spot on, hence why I said I have empathy because not only are they going into barrios in other countries, they are also on the end of xenophobia because of what the worst Venezuelans have left there. For example here in Peru, Venezuelans have less chance of work. Same goes for Chile.

1 minute ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Nicolas Maduro is absolutely scamming them xD

I hope they don't get a chance to flee, tbh, they should answer to their crimes. If they did flee to Venezuela, I'd be worried about the stability of the countries around Venezuela tbh. They're a very dangerous group of people.

The plight of Venezuelans is very similar to the plight of Iranians. Corrupt governments stealing wealth from their oil rich nations, massive poverty and economic instability leading to people wanting to flee. Governing based on appearing "anti-imperialist" rather than actually acting like a normal government.

I'm not surprised a close ally of the IR has a government that has led to the deterioration of a country and has a country that should have been on a path to prosperity on it's knees. Birds of a feather flock together and all that shite.

I have been following this fella for a while now, as he has been travelling through Latin America, to many countries like Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Colombia, Cuba, Brasil, etc and he always goes to the barrios and favelas. When in Brazil, he was even going to parties with gangs in favelas. But to the point; in this video, he decides to take the same route through the Darién gap that many illegal migrants take daily, to experience what it is like for the many who flee their countries for a better life in the USA. This is the route many Venezuelans take(which is why I thought it would be relevant to post here) and just shows the extreme lengths people go to.

You can't get any more real and raw than this guy's channel and it's great how he is exposing these realities to the world.

His channel really shows how friendly and welcoming the majority of Latin American people are too, whichever country that is.

On 23/11/2023 at 01:56, Goku de la Boca said:

Infografik Karte Tötungsrate in Lateinamerika und der Karibik in 2021 ES

Venezuela still on top. The one that surprised me was Colombia, I didn't think they had more than Mexico and Brazil.

If you look at cities individually though, Colombia only has 4 in the top 50, whereas México has like 25.

The USA has an overall rating similar to Perú, but if you look at individual cities like St Louis or New Orleans, for example, they are up there with the worst.

Also you have to look at the type of murders. Are they gang related, are they civilian on civilian, etc.

It can be deceiving also. The other year Montserrat had a pretty high murder rate, although there were only actually 2 murders. Due to the such low population, it made it look a much worse situation than it was.

Also, I'm guessing El Salvador's will be much lower now than 2 years ago(which is when the data is from) due to Bukele. In fact, I'm thinking that could be a great tourist destination in the near future. Over 100 volcanoes(very few are active however) there too 😮 @nudge

• Upvote 2

This referendum won’t end well, Venezuelans are struggling and all the Oil could help them again (or at least they’ll believe that as I don’t buy that with Maduro remaining in power).

Maduro proving once again to be the scum of the continent. Always mentioning Simon Bolivar even though he was about liberating the land and not annexing it for his personal gain.

All on board with Guyana in this conflict. Venezuela has done too much damage to this continent in the past decade and I refuse to support them until Chavismo as a concept is dead.

image.thumb.png.287532cb2cc3e44adaae4eaaaed946da.png

They should not have let Chavez die. Or maybe they should have IDK, Venezuela was okay for about a decade, but you know maybe they should have taken the oil profits and reinvested them in fields that would make Venezuela self-sufficient, rather than relying on the purchasing power of oil. Why import food? Why not invest in agricultural infrastructure? It makes no sense, it's just short-sightedness.

Edited by Spike

2 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Would USA get involved as well as UK due to oil trade/commonwealth? If so this would mark the beginning of the end for Maduro. @Dr. Gonzo

It’s tough to say. Didn’t they just remove the oil embargo because of Russia’s war though?

Embargo’s and sanctions imo are not that effective. Look at Cuba and Iran. Both are still miserable dictatorships.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s tough to say. Didn’t they just remove the oil embargo because of Russia’s war though?

Embargo’s and sanctions imo are not that effective. Look at Cuba and Iran. Both are still miserable dictatorships.

Venezuela does not have nuclear weapons and Guyana is one of USA’s trading partners for oil. Also with Russia focused on Ukraine there’s no way Putin will be there to help them.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They are incredibly effective, because Cuba and Iran are miserable, that's the goal. Cuba for instance has all the infrastructure in place to be an effective country, it just doesn't have the materials.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Spike said:

They are incredibly effective, because Cuba and Iran are miserable, that's the goal. Cuba for instance has all the infrastructure in place to be an effective country, it just doesn't have the materials.

It also doesn’t have the mechanisms for internal change, so the US is stuck with hostile nations of its creation that will look to destabilise the world and support enemies of US allies.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Venezuela does not have nuclear weapons and Guyana is one of USA’s trading partners for oil. Also with Russia focused on Ukraine there’s no way Putin will be there to help them.

Cuba and Iran don’t have nuclear weapons and the US is now producing and exporting more oil than it brings in.

The thing is with oil prices, they’re set globally. Cutting off Venezuelan and Iranian oil at this point in time where Russian oil’s cut off from its biggest buyers would raise petrol prices worldwide by a significant amount. The US just removed sanctions on Venezuelan oil to lower petrol prices - they’re not going to suddenly change their minds.