talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

CONMEBOL WCQ

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uruguay will be Top after this round of fixtures I think. Should beat Bolivia.

I fancy Brazil Argentina to be a draw. Can see 1-1 written all over it with Yellow cards handed out like it's Christmas.

Edited by Lucas

Just now, Lucas said:

Uruguay will be Top after this round of fixtures I think. Should beat Bolivia.

I fancy Brazil Argentina to be a draw. Can see 1-1 writtwn all over it, Yellow cards being handed out like it's Christmas.

I see it almost impossible for Bolivia to get a draw in Montevideo to be honest, but I also think this is Argentina's best shot to finally end Brazil's near 80 year unbeaten run at home in qualifying. There is no better opportunity. Brazil has been average and has so many players missing. If they don't do it now, I doubt I'll ever see Brazil get beat at home.

On 20/11/2023 at 17:45, Goku de la Boca said:

My worry about Bielsa is if they can actually win the World Cup. Uruguay have a squad good enough for that and nobody will convince me otherwise, but at the end of the day, there is a stat that does go against that.

There has never been a foreign manager that won the World Cup. That is history, but it also speaks for needing to fully understand a countries football culture and if that culture is truly effective enough to work at a world stage.

I think in Uruguay's case, they have an Argentine manager and they both understand each other very well. It is right across the river after all.

These things are there to be broken mate and if anyone can do it, then I would stick Bielsa among the group of coaches/managers who could. 

Araújo was a beast for Uruguay the other night also. It will be vital they keep him fit.

Just now, Carnivore Chris said:

These things are there to be broken mate and if anyone can do it, then I would stick Bielsa among the group of coaches/managers who could. 

Araújo was a beast for Uruguay the other night also. It will be vital they keep him fit.

I agree, but mostly because it's an Argentine managing Uruguay and nobody understands the Uruguayans as well as them. Brother nations after all.

The last World Cup was a very bad one for South America (barring the winner of course), but I think 2026 is gonna be our time again. Not only is it in a continent where we always tend to do well, but Colombia with Lorenzo, Uruguay with Bielsa and of course Argentina and Brazil (I think Diniz will eventually come good) all look superb. Ecuador has the squad to grind enough games in the tournament itself. The 6th/7th spot will struggle depending on the group.

Just now, El Profesor said:

A fight broke out between argentinian and brazilian fans in Maracanã. 

Really stupid decision not to assign a sector of the stadium for the visiting fans. This is South America. 

Brazil wants to make sure they don't lose their 80 year unbeaten home run by external factors. That would be classic Brazil xD

7 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Brazil wants to make sure they don't lose their 80 year unbeaten home run by external factors. That would be classic Brazil xD

Argentina have left the pitch. It's nothing but a conspiracy theory but I wouldn't be surprised if this was done on purpose to avoid their unbeaten streak being finished.

2 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Also I need to bring up again that the Brazilian police have got to be the most brutal in the continent. Every time there is even the minimal amount of trouble or insults, they attack.

Definitely. Especially the Rio police, they shoot first and then ask questions. And they have a long history with the argentinian barras. 

I still can't believe CBF thought it was a good decision to mix argentinian and brazilian fans. Anyone with a brain knew it was a bad idea. Those idiots think we are in Europe. 

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Definitely. Especially the Rio police, they shoot first and then ask questions. And they have a long history with the argentinian barras. 

I still can't believe CBF thought it was a good decision to mix argentinian and brazilian fans. Anyone with a brain knew it was a bad idea. Those idiots think we are in Europe. 

They definitely did it on purpose mate. They know Argentina won't have a better chance of breaking your home record than tonight.

1 minute ago, Goku de la Boca said:

They definitely did it on purpose mate. They know Argentina won't have a better chance of breaking your home record than tonight.

It is stupidity not malice. The Libertadores final was a mess well.

I don't think this game will end well. The players are nervous.