talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2023 - Las Vegas GP - 17th-19th November

football forum

Stroll from P19 to P5. Did he actually have a good race or was luck involved there? 

Makes me wonder why he didn't win driver of the day, but he's not exactly the most popular guy among F1 fans. xD

I recorded the race and might watch it later. Couldn't be arsed to get up for that American cringe fest. 

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Stroll from P19 to P5. Did he actually have a good race or was luck involved there? 

Makes me wonder why he didn't win driver of the day, but he's not exactly the most popular guy among F1 fans. xD

I recorded the race and might watch it later. Couldn't be arsed to get up for that American cringe fest. 

It was actually a good race to be fair. Few events here and there to force any kind of tweaks in strategy. I'd say it's worth a watch. 

Don't think any luck was involved with Stroll. Just a good race all round and didn't do anything stupid. 

Wolff came in to chat to Russell on the final 10 laps. 'push for p4!' when Russell was 7th. Man called it and it came off (before the 5s penalty applied). 

• Upvote 1

I'm glad I was able to watch back the entire race without it getting spoilered. It was the best one in the season for me despite me having zero expectations for it after quali. So much on-track action, including for the lead. It wasn't until Max broke the tow on Charles that I was confident it was in the bag for him, which was with what, like 7 laps remaining? And both of Charles's overtakes on Pérez... I did not see them coming. Was screaming both times. Incredible stuff.

18 hours ago, Panflute said:

I'm glad I was able to watch back the entire race without it getting spoilered. It was the best one in the season for me despite me having zero expectations for it after quali. So much on-track action, including for the lead. It wasn't until Max broke the tow on Charles that I was confident it was in the bag for him, which was with what, like 7 laps remaining? And both of Charles's overtakes on Pérez... I did not see them coming. Was screaming both times. Incredible stuff.

The last overtake I wasn't sure about because of his lock up. I thought maybe he doesn't have enough left in his tires. I 100% knew he was going at the very least going to have a last lap attack. Reason is that for a number of laps before the final lap Charles had got back into DRS. He stayed within DRS without really attacking. I knew he was saving everything for a last lap attack. 

Oh Nigel Mansell.

4 hours ago, MUFC said:

The last overtake I wasn't sure about because of his lock up. I thought maybe he doesn't have enough left in his tires. I 100% knew he was going at the very least going to have a last lap attack. Reason is that for a number of laps before the final lap Charles had got back into DRS. He stayed within DRS without really attacking. I knew he was saving everything for a last lap attack. 

Oh Nigel Mansell.

I saw the attack on the last lap coming but I didn't think he would make it stick. It was ultimately Checo's fault for leaving the door open but it was still cool to see.

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned